apple crap

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i did long long time ago ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i did own a 5 grand apple pro tower and after 5 new logic boards and months of hassle had to get my money back as was not fit for purpose.

it made a good heater when it did work just not for very long ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Amazed Apple haven't gone out business...

Admittedly. apart from a G4 dual 400, & plugs and cables many moons ago, I haven't bought anything new from Apple. Bought refurbished second hand out of Apple warranty models and haven't been disappointed as current mac is now almost a decade old (5? years in my hands) and serving me well running latest OS and software. Added upgrades (processor, memory, HDs etc) far cheaper than if they were new. And overall my Macs pay for themselves in just a few months with website work, print / photoshop design jobs.

Quick personal question why does everything with you come down to new price (usually very expensive and that you are usually dissatisfied with) that you have spent?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my dual quad core xeon pc has been fine since i bought that new for near 4k and i did buy my ebike of ebay and saved 2k of the rrp.

both has out lasted the warranty bar 1 new hdd.;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
How about my 18 year old Sony?

vaio_c1xd.jpg

At the moment it is running a version of Ubuntu. As you see it has WiFi ;)This is a fully kitted out one with 196 Mb RAM and I added a tiny SSD a while back which has me thinking where is the 12 Gb hard drive now??? o_O

My Macs ran for years and years too but I can't afford Apple products any more. The above permits reading and sending e-mail and basic web browsing which is kind of amazing for something so tiny and so old. The battery is dead and gone long ago. It went to a German guy who had a welder and I regret that now because three modern 18650's would have given me 12 hour run times!

Reactions: Wicky

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont even think you could open the google chrome browser with that amount of ram lol:rolleyes:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I think the original video was a staged production created for the specific purpose of demonstrating the presenter’s dislike of Apple products. All the yelling and dramatically accentuated statements made the guy look and sound like a total bell-end.

Apple products are expensive, they may even be overpriced, but they are better quality than many of these “game-boy” PCs. I’ve had my iMac for 9 years and it still looks great and works perfectly well. I know for sure that a Windows PC would have been a long time expired by now.

If bought directly from Apple, the will provide a six year free parts and labour repair service on iMacs and Mac Books at no extra cost. Over the longer term I think these machines are good value. If you want to play Commando Bumfest or whatever the latest game is, a PC might be the better option.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I was able to carefully remove the temperature sensor off the DVD drive and re-attach it to the SSD, which means I don’t need the software. I’m not sure if it’s possible to do this on later models than mine.
On the precise model I did, the temperature sensing within the drive is reported - so any external sensor already present doesn't do the job.

In some ways it seems sensible for the drive - which already has a sensor - to tell the system what temperature it is running at. For a start, it is the important within-drive temperature, and potentially it could remove the need for an external-to-drive sensor completely.

Reactions: tillson

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
I .

Apple products are expensive, they may even be overpriced, but they are better quality than many of these “game-boy” PCs. I’ve had my iMac for 9 years and it still looks great and works perfectly well. I know for sure that a Windows PC would have been a long time expired by now..
I converted to Apple products, when it really meant a conversion - maybe 15 years ago. I have been apple ever since. Laptops, mobs and pads.

My old white iBook was quality personified. It lived in a backpack through 18 months travelling including temps of minus 25 to plus 50 degrees. 0 to 100 % humidity. It was banged , crashed and abused. It did 20 flights, it did downhill mtb from 4000m in the snow to the jungle at 0m

It. Never. Skipped. A. Beat

Apple now are overpriced , hipster bullshizzle. Closed environment without valid reason , poor build quality. Zero real customer service unless you pay for it (apple care - ironic misnomer )

The rest of. the world caught up and overtook. The premium one now pays for Apple stuff is pure brand cool, trendy factor.

Apple are a premium brand . No longer abrand of premium goods.

I will never buy another iPhone or Mac after the 5 phones and three mac pros that the missus and I have paid out for since. Terrible quality, big price . No more

And

Breathe....

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers