Are Cyclotricity 500W kits really road legal?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Your interp

All that's completely irrelevant to me. How do you kill someone? You buy a gun, load it, point it at the victim and pull the trigger. Have I encouraged anybody to kill anyone? Am I an accessory to murder?
I've just shot someone, it's your fault.

aardvark5

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
ST3 Blurton
Can anyone recommend a good retailer for a kit? Dillenger seem a bit over priced. I was thinking maybe electric bike conversion or Panda eBikes?
Just get a Cyclotricity 250 watt kit if you're worried. I've got two of them and they've been very reliable.
I had a 500 watt rear wheel but it was that heavy I changed back to a 250 watt.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can anyone recommend a good retailer for a kit? Dillenger seem a bit over priced. I was thinking maybe electric bike conversion or Panda eBikes?
Hi Andrew,

FWIW, I think that you should choose a geared hub kit for low maintenance, high climbing power, a crank drive kit for extreme climbing power but higher maintenance, direct drive kit for highest speed. However, power consumption goes up to the cube of speed (speed to the power three). With a direct drive 500W kit, the most you will reach on flat road, no headwind is about 23-25mph. With 1000W, you can get to 28-30mph on flat road, no headwind.
You get the same performance on high speed with a crank drive at the same power, a 500W BBS02 will hit 25-27mph, a 1000W BBSHD will get you to 30mph. The difference is you can climb very steep hills with a crank drive that you cannot with a direct drive motor, also, at low speed, a crank drive kit consumes much less battery power than a direct drive kit.
I sell Bafang BBS01, BBS02 and GSM crank drive kits. I also sell geared hub kits but not direct drive kits. I am not a good supplier for you because I don't support derestriction nor reprogramming.