Back to ebikes

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi, after being an "early adopter" to ebikes, due to changes in circumstances I have been ebikeless for the last 5 years.

However I am thinking about returning back to ebikes for the daily commute and also leisure use. Although with 2 young kids time to get out on the bike (other than commuting) is few and far between!

I can see the market has mushroomed and the choice and variety of bike on offer now is mind boggling.

My commute is an 18 mile roundtrip part road part shale path. I don't have a massive budget £700-800ish. I like the look of the Viking Freedom but know very little about the bike (have seen it for sale on a few sites for £699. Do any forum members have any experience of this?

Other recommendations appreciated. Obviously not looking for state of the art, just something reliable and not too heavy.

Thanks

Jas

Paul Price

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2018
Birmingham
Hi, after being an "early adopter" to ebikes, due to changes in circumstances I have been ebikeless for the last 5 years.

However I am thinking about returning back to ebikes for the daily commute and also leisure use. Although with 2 young kids time to get out on the bike (other than commuting) is few and far between!

I can see the market has mushroomed and the choice and variety of bike on offer now is mind boggling.

My commute is an 18 mile roundtrip part road part shale path. I don't have a massive budget £700-800ish. I like the look of the Viking Freedom but know very little about the bike (have seen it for sale on a few sites for £699. Do any forum members have any experience of this?

Other recommendations appreciated. Obviously not looking for state of the art, just something reliable and not too heavy.

Thanks

Jas
I have not seen this particular model on sale but I recently purchased a Kwikfold bike for £800 and something. My commute is 7 miles each way and I get there and back fine from a single charge with a lot of charge remaining.

I love mine as does my little boy, he's never offered to pop to shop for us so much before.

Head over to their Facebook and try to find the promo code. I know what you mean there are so many good brands out there that I never heard of until I began looking

Reactions: jasono

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Thanks for the reply Paul

Much appreciated