Badass Box v3.4

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
So I fitted the badass box to my bike, but no matter where I place the magnet the speedo always changes/drops at 10.1mph, isn't it supposed to get to 15.5mph before it drops and shows half the true speed? Also the speedo never gives the same reading as the GPS speedo on my phone, I'm getting sick of messing with it and seriously thinking of ditching it and getting the speedbox 2 instead, that one shows the true MPH at any speed.

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Just read the small print on the speedbox and apparently it only shows kph accurately not mph, so I'll stick with the badass for now and wait until something better comes along.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
after a while you wont even bother to look at it other than what mode you are in and how much batt is left.

just load strava on ur phone and use that if you want to record data ;)

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
after a while you wont even bother to look at it other than what mode you are in and how much batt is left.

just load strava on ur phone and use that if you want to record data ;)
I don't need to look at what mode I'm in I only use one mode, it's been on turbo since I got it I haven't even tried the other modes yet. I'm not fussed about data just like seeing how fast I'm going, I guess I could get a cheap basic fixed speedo.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the motor could cause electromagnetic interference why i got a wired one.

try it you never know it might work or it might not.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
My Badass 3.4 doesn't display half my speed as it should. It is supposed to read normally until 15mph and then suddenly half as the speed increases. But mine doesn't. Its a shame, but I'm not overly bothered. I might buy a speedo as you are considering, an one with a clock to tell the time would be useful.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i think mine goes half speed at 10mph ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it should keep going up after 10mph mine just goes back to 5mph and then rises so when im at 15mph im going 30mph.

you could try take the batts out the lcd to reset it and try that but it should not just stop?

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Mine arrived today, I will try and fit it tomorrow and try it out.
Let me know how you get on. The batteries were dead in mine, not that I was fussed as when I bought mine I made an offer of £5 and he accepted, plus I deal in digital watches so have tons of batteries anyway.

If yours are dead too get some from Poundland or similar or eBay, the speedo and the sender both take a CR2032 you can get pansonics from there 4 for £2 where some rip off places will charge you a fiver for one.

Reactions: The Bear

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Let me know how you get on. The batteries were dead in mine, not that I was fussed as when I bought mine I made an offer of £5 and he accepted, plus I deal in digital watches so have tons of batteries anyway.

If yours are dead too get some from Poundland or similar or eBay, the speedo and the sender both take a CR2032 you can get pansonics from there 4 for £2 where some rip off places will charge you a fiver for one.
Thanks for the info.

As you experienced, the batteries supplied were dead. I have a few 2016 & 2025 batteries but don't have any 2032 type, so I'll pop to Poundland in the morning, or order from eBay if they don't have any.

Ive fitted it loosely for now, until I get some batteries and check it works. Ive fitted the display to the handlebar stem....

And the sensor & magnet to the front wheel, trying to get a <5mm distance between the two (no matter how much I tighten the magnet, it still pivots???)..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich_uk

Advertisers