Badass Box v3.4

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
If yours are dead too get some from Poundland or similar or eBay, the speedo and the sender both take a CR2032 you can get pansonics from there 4 for £2 where some rip off places will charge you a fiver for one.
Cripes!!!!! Asda charge £7.50 for a pack of 4. Good job I ordered a pack of 4 Panasonics from eBay for £1.97

Reactions: Rich_uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Strangely on some items SW is no different them the rest of us and likes economy / value on small replaceable items.
20 cells for under £3 is a great bargain if they are genuine .

• Agree

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Sadly the bike computer is going in the bin. Even with fresh batteries I can't get the unit to turn on properly. The display flickers at random and then turns off. Tried it with various batteries but without success. Good job it was cheap.

The hunt continues...

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Sadly the bike computer is going in the bin. Even with fresh batteries I can't get the unit to turn on properly. The display flickers at random and then turns off. Tried it with various batteries but without success. Good job it was cheap.

The hunt continues...
Not sure if mines ok as I haven’t used the bike for a while with this weather we’re having, don’t bin it though open a return case, as it’s faulty the seller has to pay the return postage so he’ll likely just give you a full refund without having to return it.

Reactions: The Bear

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
don’t bin it though open a return case, as it’s faulty the seller has to pay the return postage so he’ll likely just give you a full refund without having to return it.
Thanks, I've just done that and the seller has refunded me :)

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Hi All,

So do we think the speedbox may be the better option? Im in the same situation, I have a bad ass box but hate that it doesnt display the correct speed. Is the speedbox worth a go?

Cheers

Adam

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Hi All,

So do we think the speedbox may be the better option? Im in the same situation, I have a bad ass box but hate that it doesnt display the correct speed. Is the speedbox worth a go?

Cheers

Adam
Yes definitely, get the speedbox, and sell me the badass for my other halfs bike :D

Seriously though like soundwave said I barely look at the speed anymore, it used to drive me crazy too but you get used to just doubling whatever the speedo says.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you can look at the display you are not going fast enough :p

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
True, so how do we go even faster soundwave?? 250 watt haibike im on. Can the motor be upgraded?

Thing is doesnt it skew other stats as well though? I just want to see how fast im going... On private property of course.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its not a 250w motor under the 15mph limit or with a dongle it will pull max power and its more like 8-900w.

thus why you can fly up steep hills but on the flat it is the gearing that you need to change.

so a 18t or 20t front sprocket is the way to go but for max speed you need to spin the cranks at 120rpm.

if you are fit you can hit 40mph with a 20t at the front but dont expect this as avg speed and in bursts at max crank speed.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
True, so how do we go even faster soundwave?? 250 watt haibike im on. Can the motor be upgraded?

Thing is doesnt it skew other stats as well though? I just want to see how fast im going... On private property of course.
The stat it skews more than anything else is the range...
With mine fitted I can average 18 mph (without about 13).Its only around 14 miles and without dongle I have over 40% battery left. With it under 5..
Took mine off.. It did mess speedo, mileage and trip up.. I used GPS on phone when dongle fitted..
Made me feel rather guilty averaging 18 in national park. Was about 7 in morning though... Nobody in their right mind is out in Derbyshire at that time..

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
its not a 250w motor under the 15mph limit or with a dongle it will pull max power and its more like 8-900w.

thus why you can fly up steep hills but on the flat it is the gearing that you need to change.

so a 18t or 20t front sprocket is the way to go but for max speed you need to spin the cranks at 120rpm.

if you are fit you can hit 40mph with a 20t at the front but dont expect this as avg speed and in bursts at max crank speed.
Thanks everyone apreciate all the comments.

Advertisers