Bafang: broken bottom clasp of on/off +/- controlould need excellent

Mark Lester

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2017
uk
Hi. I recently bought a bafang and put it on a rubbish folding bike. In a way it was a good idea to get a bike that was so bad as I have learned a few things, such as not to ride you bike on sand, fantastic fun though it is.
I am now building a proper bike with shimano 1x11 gears, nice touring frame, seat post with clever suspension, brooks saddle, the works. I will report when we are airborne, l;ots of bits and bobs stil in the mail.
I have an issue though with the +/- control. the bottom half, which i have to say is really thin plastic and asking for it, has got banged and shattered. The tiny bolts arent an issue, I lost one but I have a place that seems to have every bolt ever made, I can wrap wires back and forth wound round the bolts. making your own is going to be hard as the sockets are very close to the inner rim.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tx8qdc29oaakwy/2017-06-16-185502.jpg?dl=0

• Useful
Reactions: Fordulike

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Cable ties maybe?

Gaz

Mark Lester

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2017
uk
hey gaz, i got there myself and came back to report my plan. the bolts are 1mm dia and 1cm deep, so 1.5 or 2cm long and a washer to keep it nice and we have enough for the good old pull tie.

Reactions: Gaz

Mark Lester

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2017
uk
still struggling with this. i think its going to result in a new LCD display. the throttle design is great, metal band that grips the bars, a nice fat housing has a bolt that fastens it to the securing band.
It's regularly used thing, i am changing power levels every time life gets hard, so if its not bolted on nicely it will move all over the show..