Bafang Display

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Just Installed the new DPC-14 colour display and like it a lot, the voltage readout is so much more useful. Anyway I have a good condition C961 if anyone wants one.

upload_2017-1-25_11-21-37.png

Attachments

Reactions: Fordulike

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Don't need the old display, but I like the way the new one shows current rather wattage :)
Configurable to either wattage, current or a level meter

Reactions: Fordulike
Configurable to either wattage, current or a level meter
Hi, have you experienced any difference in the way the motor runs since changing from the c961 to the 850c / DPC-14 at all?

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Hi, have you experienced any difference in the way the motor runs since changing from the c961 to the 850c / DPC-14 at all?
I'm about to swap over to the DPC-14 on my BBS02 Darren, so would also be interested to know if it makes any difference. One thing I did notice on one of our BBS01B bikes with the DPC fitted is that it throws the overheating controller error code as soon as you turn a pedal if you try to up the Amps, even by 1 Amp :confused:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
No difference at all on my BBSHD or the BBS02.

I'm about to swap over to the DPC-14 on my BBS02 Darren, so would also be interested to know if it makes any difference. One thing I did notice on one of our BBS01B bikes with the DPC fitted is that it throws the overheating controller error code as soon as you turn a pedal if you try to up the Amps, even by 1 Amp :confused:
Hmmmm, I've not found that on mine thus far.
Been running at 18A for a little while with no detrimental effect. I've checked the motor's temp (by touch) after stiff climbs or pushing the motor a bit and no hotter than slightly warm to the touch.
Perhaps other settings you use may have a bearing?
I'm always careful to maintain good pedal rate.

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Only done 10 mile run and no difference so far, assist levels are user defined by controller at 6.

The main point should be that it's only a display. All controller settings remain the same, it stores no settings, it only displays info set at the controller, should make no difference whatsoever.

Totally agree Robwally, it's the controller setting making the decisions, not the display.
Someone who recently changed from C961 to the colour display reported that the motor worked fine with the C961, but as soon as they changed to the DPC-14 the ride became lumpy and jolty.
The description sounded like either the current decay setting is set too high or their cadence too slow; the result of which can be as described, but apparently no controller setting were changed, just the displays swapped.
Really got my head scratching, but I have since tried the display on my bike and it rode perfectly. So most confusing indeed. Shall have to wait to hear if the problem still offends once they've tried it again.
I don't know what their controller setting are at this stage?
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Had a problem with my DCP14 today.
Travelling down a hill at 51.9 Mph when the display suddenly dropped to 21 then back up.
It did this twice and I guess it may be that the sensor was getting confused with the speed the magnet was flashing past.
Also Strava recorded the speed at over 59Mph but I think that was because of tree cover.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Travelling down a hill at 51.9 Mph when the display suddenly dropped to 21 then back up.
It did this twice and I guess it may be that the sensor was getting confused with the speed the magnet was flashing past.
Also Strava recorded the speed at over 59Mph but I think that was because of tree cover.
Fastest I've ever been is 35mph, and that's slightly out of my comfort zone. You must have balls of steel :eek:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
64 Mph is my fastest speed(down a very long steep hill) and to be honest I think that's quite fast enough on knobbly tyres !
Buying a skinny tyred hybrid bike next month (Marin Muirwoods 29er) so might get a bit more speed out of that.

Reactions: Steve A

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I had similar problem with mine on the normal display, smaller wheels so speed drops between 35-40 mph. Strava gives me a top whack of 62 mph but I doubt that it was much more than 55 mph.( no trees either )

• Informative
Reactions: Kinninvie
Lekkie have some 52 tooth rings out soon, might try a top end test down a quiet hill with one, and see how long my nerve lasts. A shade over 2 pedal rotations a second should take it to 50mph if I don't bottle it or cash! [emoji33] ....maybe not!

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

• :D
Reactions: Kinninvie

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have 46T-11T on mine so feet are just a blur.
This was my fastest top speed.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The display functions look good but sadly for me looks massive size wise and out of place, think I will stick with my 961.