Bafang SWX02-C Motor

Hi folk´s,

i felt a little bored and ordered in China the new small SWX02-C Motor from Bafang and from Xofo I ordered the XOFO-XFK motor
Both Motor is 200rpm for 26inch and 250Watt. They look nearly similar from Outside but inside is different.

I wrote two PDF-File´s for the description and make it now here in Forum public, everybody can download and see for himself

Driving:
the bafang runs a bit rougher as the xofo but the bafang has bit more power but just a bit (three people come´s back with the same impression)
Both Motor have a bit more power as the predecessor models from this manufacturer´s
Both motors is tested in the same bike with the same controller and even same tire to get a clear impression

The Bafang SWX02 has a 25% higher price as the XOFO-XFK

Attachments

Last edited:

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
How does It compare with bafang cst 250w?

How does It compare with bafang cst 250w?
Oh Bafang have some different 250Watt rear-cst´s
If you give me your mailaddress I can send you the complete salesbrochure from Bafang.
I made photo from each page and there you can see also the measurement of each motors
A lot of different motor-drawings you can also find on my friend´s website in China:

http://www.woaczh.com/show_list.php?id=3

regards
frank

EasyCruising

Just Joined
May 7, 2018
CH
I just get the technical drawing for the Bafang SWX02-C maybe somebody have interest in it

regards
frank
Hi. I have a Bafang SWX02 motor (full serial number is BFSWX02 48V (10) 700-C 1707185141-6). Does anybody know where to find the full technical specs including power output for this motor? I need to get it because but so far don't have anything much in the way of proper tech docs, and I need them in order to register the bike (in Europe, not UK). Any info appreciated.

Killerbritt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2018
I got the BFSWX02 36v250w and would like to know if it possible to put in some more Amps in it? It´s 8 right now but if I raise it to 10 its 300 Watts and 12 It´s 420 Watts, but could it handle that? I want it to go faster and bee stronger :).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I got the BFSWX02 36v250w and would like to know if it possible to put in some more Amps in it? It´s 8 right now but if I raise it to 10 its 300 Watts and 12 It´s 420 Watts, but could it handle that? I want it to go faster and bee stronger :).
Show us a pic of your controller 8a might be it's rating but bet 15+/- 1a is it's max rating and will be outputting a possible 500w + already.
17 or 20a controller should pose little issue for a big Bafang.

Killerbritt

Jul 9, 2018
Show us a pic of your controller 8a might be it's rating but bet 15+/- 1a is it's max rating and will be outputting a possible 500w + already.
17 or 20a controller should pose little issue for a big Bafang.
Here is pictures of both controller and motor and cant find any data about them on the Internet! But as it street legal here in Sweden then i think the controller is set to 8 amp output!
Another thing is that there are 5 cables from the Controller! Battery, 1 brake, Display, magnets,and motor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hub is legal as marked 250was as stated by EU legislation, there is no set legislation for controller amps so only can be set to 8a via lcd programming.
Yours is 13a +/- 1a so it will give at least the 13a under certain conditions.

Hub is marked 24 for 24" wheel.
(12) is the hub winding speed which means AFAIK
250rpm no load speed with 210 load speed.
Should be able to top out at 30/32kmh unrestricted in a 28" rim.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Szbaf/bafang/8fun are one, mostly OEM bike component suppliers in the west with only a few hubs made available to retail sellers , controllers are non retail and appear to be only OEM products.

For upgrading controller you will most likely have to use Kunteng aka KT for controller and lcd as these are the most commonly used ones available .

Ldsz/Lishui are another manufacturer but again mostly only supply to OEM market.

Killerbritt

Jul 9, 2018
The hub is legal as marked 250was as stated by EU legislation, there is no set legislation for controller amps so only can be set to 8a via lcd programming.
Yours is 13a +/- 1a so it will give at least the 13a under certain conditions.

Hub is marked 24 for 24" wheel.
(12) is the hub winding speed which means AFAIK
250rpm no load speed with 210 load speed.
Should be able to top out at 30/32kmh unrestricted in a 28" rim.
Ok, thanks for that. It´s a cargo bike with 3 wheels thats why it´s a 24. I did the opposite and went into the Display sub menu and program it for a 18 wheel and got 4-5 kmh in extra speed, but the bad thing is that the speedometer don't show the right speed. I have the C961 Display and thinking if I can use the BBS02 and BBSHD programing tool to change some settings in the controller! But i don't know if i burn the controller when i connect it!

I also upgraded the battery to a LG lithium battery 36V17Ah with cellphone charging USB 3A Charger Bracket.

So basically i´m looking for a way to get into the controller and change the settings :).

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I doubt that the controller is programmed for less then 13a, if the bike feels like it is wanting in power then is likely the extra weight and geometry is wrong.

Most aluminium case programmable controllers have a white date cable/plug for programming, it is possible but I doubt bbs prog software is the same as hub controller software, maybe you will have to be the guinea pig to try :eek:.
I doubt you will damage the controller , software most likely will not recognise the controller.

Last edited:

Killerbritt

Jul 9, 2018
I doubt that the controller is programmed for less then 13a, if the bike feels like it is wanting in power then is likely the extra weight and geometry is wrong.

Although both Bafang I doubt bbs prog software is the same as hub controller software, maybe you will have to be the guinea pig to try :eek:.
I doubt you will damage the controller but software maybe will not recognise the controller.
You a right and the best would to buy a new 36V350W motor! But then i need a new controller and LCD and that would be like 400-500 $.and all the work to install everything! The only thing i want is to get ride of the 25 km/h restriction so i can go 30-35 km/h instead :).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Techtonic

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Hi everybody
It's first time I find concrete information about BAFANG motors.
My recumbent bike (26") is fit with a hub motor
BFSWX02 36V26 1504073020-6, a 13Ah SAMSUNG BATTERY & a display
C302-1503-C987 36V - V2.6C

There is no apart controller, I only find an electronic cards inside the battery and it seems there are some electrical connections inside the supporting rail of the battery.

The system is driven by a magnet sensors fixed on the crankset, really not accurate and sensitive. My question is about the potential of the motor: knowing the part number of the BAFANG, could everyone tell me the max speed of this hub motor ? In fact I would like to replace the magnet sensor by a torque sensor and ride easily up to 40-45km/h

Best regards

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Is there a number in brackets ( ) on your motor? This is the winding speed and tells you how fast the motor will spin. As you will have read, it is not really poss. to change 1 component on the bike as it will not work with the rest of the system. If you want a torque sensor you will have to fit a new controller and display. The board inside your battery rail is the controller.

Techtonic

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for your quick response. I don't see any number in brackets as already on picture's net (it's strange !)
The supporting rail is really thin (less than 15mm). Is there a possibility that the controller is located inside the motor? It's not a problem to change the controller, I'm sure it's necessary to manage the signal from the torque sensor in place of the magnet.
best regards

Attachments

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
AFAIK, bafang do not make a motor with controller inside. Where do all the cables go to? If you have more than 1 cable to the battery holder, then your controller will be inside. Yes, if you buy torque sensor it will come with controller and display. There are not many TS kits available, here is one.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/689-b-b-torque-sensor-system-ebike-kit.html
If you can wait, this one may be for sale soon from Woosh.
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/could-you-give-me-your-opinion-on-this-kit.33596/#post-479429

Techtonic

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for infos, the torque sensor is in $, I guess it come from US. I never ear about this material.
You are right, both the sensor and the display are connected to the battery holder. I read a lot of things about cycle analyst. the CA can manage BAFANG torque sensors. What do you think about this material ?
Best regards