Batribike Breeze in Yorkshire

CarlDixon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2017
Penistone
Hi!

I've had a Batribike Breeze for a few years now, but have only just joined the forums (hello)!

For a while I commuted by bike and train, and the ability to fold came in very handy. A train driver once shouted through the window that there wasn't space for bikes on the train. I had it folded up in seconds and leaped aboard assuring him that it was merely "hand luggage". :)

I foolishly moved to a house where it's not practical to cycle to work from, so the bike doesn't get out so often. Now I don't depend on it for work and it's just for fun, I thought I'd ask about de-restricting / unlimiting it. I know about the legal issues and would be sensible with it. Does anyone know how it's done on this model?

Thanks,
Carl

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a picture of whatever control panel you have on the handlebars.

CarlDixon

Jun 22, 2017
Penistone
I found this picture online, but it's the one I have. It's pretty basic looking next to a lot of control panels out there. Am I asking too much of it?! Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can't do much with that :(.
A pic of the bikes brains might be helpful, otherwise known as the
controller and all its associated wiring.

D

Deleted member 4366

I found this picture online, but it's the one I have. It's pretty basic looking next to a lot of control panels out there. Am I asking too much of it?! Thanks for any advice you can offer.

The picture doesn't show.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, but I asked to see the control panel on the handlebars first. You guys certainly know how to make it difficult to help you.

CarlDixon

Jun 22, 2017
Penistone
Sorry, I thought that first picture I posted was the control panel on the handlebars! Thanks for your patience, I'll try again this evening. Could you give me an idea of what I'm looking for?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It has a 3 speed led.

CarlDixon

Jun 22, 2017
Penistone
Does anything here help? I'm still not quite sure what you're asking to see if not the panel with the buttons on.

IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4756.JPG

D

Deleted member 4366

Now we have what we need. As far as I know, the speed limit is stored in that control panel on your handlebars, but you can't get direct access to it. The easiest way to get access would be to change the panel to a LCD, which costs something like £40 - £50, depending on where you get it, otherwise you need to borrow an LCD and make a connection cable. You can program the LCD with its buttons and then send the settings to your LED panel via the connection cable. You can buy the cable for $1, but postage might be a lot.

Can you confirm that you have 5 wires on your panel. You can see them where it connects to the controller? Something like red, blue, black white and yellow.

Advertisers