Battery part help.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
hi all, i wonder if someone can help. the first thing is i dont know the name of the part im looking for so will do my best to describe it.

on a frame battery, the type that goes where the water bottle goes, you have the battery and the bit it plugs into on the frame, the complete bit you attach. i'm looking for a spare one if anyone know where to get one.

thanks all

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I call it a cradle. Others might call it a carrier or a battery mount.
Show us a pic of the battery ,is it a dolphin type as there are a few different types of down tube batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: billym1967

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
More commonly known as a dolphin battery or 09 type.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
may be of some help. the order came to about $60 and the postage $85, but when i got to the checkout it offered diffrent postage so it only cost me $64 so the total was $128 just under £100 and that was for
2 battrey carriers
2 Pas sensors
2 hiden wire brake senors
8 speed freewheel
3 twist grip throttles
pair of brake levers
3 bags or cable wraping bands

so i though good value for money lol

D

Deleted member 4366

Where did you get them from? If it's BMSB, their freewheels are usually cassettes. Show us a link.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I got my spare one from Woosh.

D

Deleted member 4366

yes they are cassettes, i new that when ordering. just bought one coss they were cheep lol
Yes, I lobbed one in with my last order. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't expecting to fit it to a hub-motor with a free-wheel thread.

A while back, I was selling free-wheels on Ebay. A forum member ordered one, but then spotted those cheap freewheels (cassettes described as freewheels then at 1/5 the cost of mine) at BMSB, so he added one to his BMSB order. Mine was still in transit and he didn't want it now, so he hatched a plot to avoid paying for it. He didn't answer when it was delivered, which caused the courier to deliver next door. He then made a Paypal claim, saying that he couldn't get it from next door because they hated him or something like that. It went on for a couple of weeks until I guess his BMSB order turned up and he saw that he'd ordered something he couldn't use, so, out of the blue, he dropped his Paypal claim.

Advertisers