Battery Solution for difficult Bikes

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Some bikes have frames where it's virtually impossible to install a battery. Here's how Jimmy at BGA reworking helped a friend of mine with his. The bag is a Topeak Large. Jimmy managed to squeeze in 13S5P 18650s, so if that were Samsung GA cells, that would give you 17.5 Ah at 48v. You can choose whatever cells you want.

20170510_130321.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

There's nothing jimmy can't do with batteries!

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I ordered a new battery from Jimmy at BGA, a 15AH SilverFish battery with Panasonic cells. He built me one with Boston Power 'Swing' cells, which he assures me have a longer cycle life and it has more capacity. See fuzzy photo attached. This is the second battery I have bought from this firm. I looked at other firms, who seemed cheaper BUT, some came without a charger, and no obvious info about a warranty. Some had only six months for a warranty. I stuck with Jimmy, and got human service, really good delivery and a year warranty, clearly stated on his site. Also, a charger. A very good firm. My old battery, which is bottom-feed, I took apart, and re-routed the cables to the output socket at the top. I now have a spare battery which is good for about 20 miles.bostonswing.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he can also use silver instead of copper tho will push the cost up a bit ;)

they can also do gen 2 bosch batts as well now.

Reactions: Steve A