BBS01 riding up the hills..?

nilsOhm

Just Joined
May 16, 2018
Stockholm
Hi everyone and sorry for a maybe old question. I really tried to find some info but never succeeded.

This is the thing..

I converted my bike with a bbs01 plus a 11isch Ah 36v battery and everything works fine BUT:

every time I have to ride up a hill I notice that other “not-diy-e-bikes” are much more efficient than mine.
I wonder if this is due to the programming.
I always have my PAS at max (9) and use gears whenever I need to.
I don’t own a programming cable yet, so I don’t really know what kind of values I have but I wonder if it could be something else..?
Or maybe it’s just the way it is?
Than again why are other not-custom ebikes so much better..?

Hope you have the time to drop a line and maybe come with suggestions.. :)

Thanks!
/Nils

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi Nils
The kits all arrive with different basic settings from the factory, it all depends on what the supplier has ordered the only sure way is the lead and the programme . do you have a throttle fitted if so does it go faster on the throttle or pas

D

Deleted member 4366

every time I have to ride up a hill I notice that other “not-diy-e-bikes” are much more efficient than mine.
What do you mean by more efficient. If you mean that they have more power, that's because their controllers are set to give more current. You can take yours from the default 15 amps up to 18 amps for 20% more power. Some OEM bikes have 20 amps.

nilsOhm

Just Joined
May 16, 2018
Stockholm
Thanks for your answers!!!

Ok, today I tried the throttle and it is a bit more powerful than my legs! ;)
Does that mean that it’s an amp issue?
I mean that the bike is capable of running faster but not configured to do so?

As I wrote before I cannot check the values of my bbs01 cause I don’t have the data cable but i’ll try to buy one soon..

If the simple answer is to change the amp value from 15 to 18, are there any risks in damaging the motor?

Once again, thanks for your help! :)

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi
My bbs01 250watt will not run at more than 15 amps it throws up error codes
but if yours runs faster on the the throttle there are other adjustments that will help by the lead and try the program it is trail and error make a small adjustment to the pas settings and then try

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Nils, when you do get a programming cable, be sure to change the ' Keep Current ' value on the ' Pedal Assist ' page of the software, to a higher value. This will help greatly with climbing hills and allow the motor to work better by not stalling.

Changing this setting will not harm your BBS01.