BBS01b 250w chainrings

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
hi people
Well this is what I've been messing with today..I've got this rather thin chainring adaptor..well it's ok so I've decided to try and increase the offset of the chainring. I don't have too much trouble with alignment but I know it's not quite right so this is a trial thing to find the best chainring setup for me as well as the offset for the chain as it's still slightly noisey. Luckily I had an old Durace set up I have butchered for the rings I need .
So I have for trial 52 tooth. 42 tooth. 39 tooth..I'm running 11-32 on the rear.and at the moment run the standard 46 tooth Bafang chain ring.. Should be interesting if nothing else lol
Jimimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Are you going to put the changer back on as well ?
I will see if it works out first...but it will give me a bit more gearing range.be interesting to see how it performs with the 52. But it certainly would be good if I can work 2 chainrings

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Anyway this does not work..I've tried fitting the chainring adaptor but because of alignment problems I can't fit it..well not without some serious modding..the problem is the adaptor and a chain ring fitted to it are too far out. Looks like I'm going to order another Bafang chainring as these are offset and bring the chain almost in the correct place..I've noticed the pedal arms are well out and don't sit central to the bike has anyone managed to adjust there motor enough to get his correct. It seems the only way is to flatten the stay so the motor sits back further this will I turn make the motor more central and bring the chain alignment back to where it should be..image.jpeg

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
That's nice. And would work well. But I still have the problem with the motor sitting too far out and this is where the bling ring scores because the teeth are offset same as the the standard Bafang rings.
Jim
Just to correct you Jim, the Bling Ring has a better offset than the standard, by about 5mm IIRC.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
They did make a 42-48 double with the same offset as the bling ring but 6 tooth difference! What were they thinking? 42 is about as small as you can go to get the offset right. After that a grinder and BB shell modifications with spacer to compensate on the other side is the way forward. For a better Q factor try the Shimano Steps pedals, I gained almost an inch IIRC.