BBS01B 36v 250w Default Settings Request

Devon Chris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can help me with a skool boy mistake with the programming cable:), lets just say most of my settings were set to 10. I'm basically after the default settings for the three tabs in the programming app. I think I've got most correct although the keep current I want to keep at 100%. I was only interested in changing the keep current to give me some extra ooommphh up hills.

basicsettings.jpg pedalassist.jpg throttle2.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Default settings not sure there are any as they all seem to be set different depending on the supplier.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
As Nealh says, deffo different suppliers have different defaults

What are you trying to achieve exactly. If you boost the keep current from , say 60 to 99 then you'll use a good chunk more battery at all times. You'll get torque you don't need on the flat . Arguably wasted or at least no efficiency

Do you have a throttle ? That will override whatever PAS you are in and override keep current. You'll just be at max everything

For those tricky hills might you be better off pedalling whislt on full throttle for the tough sections

That's what I do anyway

Though I do like my keep current at 80% when many use 60

I counter that by having essentially two systems. Pas 1 to 5 is full 100 speed (volts) on all but low amps I think 40% to 80%This means I can very efficienct on my flat commute

Pas 6 to 9 is for my South Downs rides where I want more torque but less speed. There are hills that are best climbed at around 10mph on my bike and I don't want the bike to keep trying above that. Hence max amps but reduced speeds in this pas range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nealh

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I agree the keep current between 60-80 is a good balance of power to battery life other than that its tinker and test ride :D

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Guys,

Thanks for the comments and I'm about to do a test with the keep current maxed. We are mainly hills around here so will be interesting to see what the range is like. The kit is connected to an old Powabyke that used to have an large lead acid battery mounted along the middle of the bike. I do have a throttle but as the days go on I'm more liking pedal assist. I did try and up the amps from 15 to 16, but get an error code 11 which I think others get so put that back.

Its an amazing bit of kit compared to my old brushless wheel which ran on the same 36v lithium battery.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The later 250 watt will not increase above 15 amps without an error code its in the firmware,and not accessible by the program:( at least it means it should be bullet proof:) I have the 350watt at 18 amps that I removed from my off road bike sitting on the end of the work bench now that 3 extra amps bring the bbs01 to life:D

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
I thought as much and you can see why they restricted the amp tinkering. I might end up getting the 350w and put that in my mountain bike. I'd then just need to swap the battery over to what bike I wanted to take out. We are in rural Devon and what with the hills I think 350 is the way to go. I read somewhere else on here a guy who bought a 250 then quickly progressed to the 350. All good fun.

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Quick 12 mile blast and finished up with about another 10 miles capacity. Anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply a 36v 350w speed controller for a bbs01b? I want to try 18amps from the current 15 unless someone knows how to avoid error 11 when changing the amp setting on the 250w speed controller. I've emailed Dillinger as they look to supply the 350w controller for £99.Screenshot_20180622-130853.png

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Quick 12 mile blast and finished up with about another 10 miles capacity. Anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply a 36v 350w speed controller for a bbs01b? I want to try 18amps from the current 15 unless someone knows how to avoid error 11 when changing the amp setting on the 250w speed controller. I've emailed Dillinger as they look to supply the 350w controller for £99.View attachment 25464
These are my current settings with my bbs01b250w motor..I've just completed 21 miles and have more than 1/3 battery left in the tank

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Thanks for posting that and you managed to up your amps from 15 to 18 without any errors? Only thing that seems different is the model numbers and firmware installed.

I'd love to crank the amps up on mine without replacing the controller.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
It is the firmware that stops some of us turning the power up does anybody know how to flash the firmware looks like Ebyke has managed 20 amps

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
I don't mind trying to flash mine if anyone knows how to do it or removing controller then sending off to have it flashed. I hate 15 amps 8/10 hills near me are fine with 15amp but 2 are killing me and require full fat amperage.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have just been on the phone with ebyke and if you have the same controller as in his screen grab above you are lucky and you can take to 20 amps ,it does appear the firmware is the problem he has the later version bbso1b with the output for the lights

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Yer on mine there are no light outputs to connect to so I must have the older version. Unless there is a chance to flash it I can see myself going down the new controller route.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
this pic shows Ebykes controller info I have a 350watt motor and standard that's only 18 amps without tinkering or go to the bbs02 500watt at 25 amps the controller is different so will not fit bbs01

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
I used his pics to compare model and firmware numbers and that's where I noticed the difference. Its gonna be a 350w 36v bbs01b controller for me.

Devon Chris

Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Thanks for the bms contact and the only supplier I found was Dillinger so sent them a message as not clear what version of speed controller they are offering.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
That's why I did not buy one because everyone was evasive about the spec one supplier even said both 250 and 350 are the same some only sell boxes ended up buying 350 complete motor