BBS02 Final Drive Plastic Cover (7 Hole) from UK

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Anyone know where I can buy a brand new BBS02 final drive plastic cover, with 7 holes, from the UK?

Bafang 7 Hole Cover.jpg

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
In the words of Hong Kong Fooey, "Could beeee'!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Just before I go ahead and press buy, can you confirm that it is indeed suitable for the BBS02.

It's titled 'Bafang BBS01/B secondary gear/final drive cover', so just want to make sure. Is the B a typo?

Just before I go ahead and press buy, can you confirm that it is indeed suitable for the BBS02.

It's titled 'Bafang BBS01/B secondary gear/final drive cover', so just want to make sure. Is the B a typo?
All the 01/02 original and newer B models have been the same, save the early ones that had 5 point mount.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Out of interest, what happened to yours?

Thanks for clarifying the B. I suck out and replace the grease on a regular basis, so mine's just split from it being removed and put back on so often.

They're not the most robust component on the BBSxx's.

Thanks for clarifying the B. I suck out and replace the grease on a regular basis, so mine's just split from it being removed and put back on so often.

They're not the most robust component on the BBSxx's.
Yes, which is why I grabbed some spares. I had one where my chain had come off downhill on an off-road run and mashed the cover up.

@brightonebikes

Crikey, is your shop right next door to the Post Office lol.
Lol. Not far and was heading up there with some other stuff anyway.
As you well know, electric bikes get you places fast!

• :D
Reactions: flecc and Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Big thank you to @brightonebikes.

Brighton to Sunderland in less than a day. Looks like Bafang have slightly improved the rubber seal on the cover too :)

Big thank you to @brightonebikes.

Brighton to Sunderland in less than a day. Looks like Bafang have slightly improved the rubber seal on the cover too :)
You're welcome. It is nice to have a spanking new cover on after the original one's gotten a bit battered and bruised. [emoji2]

Reactions: Fordulike

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yeah, I wish the buggers were cast out of of metal :(
I know where you can get one but not in the UK (hint, it is in the EU) and it has an improved seal.