BBSHD on 73mm Frame - will it fit?

arrkaye

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 13, 2017
london
Hi,

I've ordered the below kit but just realized the bike I have has a 73mm shell.

The seller is saying it requires 'customising' to make the kit work on my BB. What kind of customisation is required? They're able to pull back the parcel from the shippers in the next day or so if needed.

Will it fit?

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32828848814.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32828848814&productSubject=BBS03-BBSHD-48V-1000W-Bafang-8Fun-mid-drive-electric-motor-kit-with-48V-15Ah-Li-ion&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.PsQbXg

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

leave off the outer lock-ring and glue the inner one with Loctite. Better still, remove 5mm from your BB shell with an angle-grinder. That might even give you a better chain-line.

Robbieh

Nov 12, 2017
Berkshire
Hi, I have the same problem with my BBS02B kit in my 73mm BB. The plate you bolt to the frame and motor needs some spacers between plate and motor, also you will need to adapt the chainring to use a few of the cassette gears as the chainline is rubbish. I'm sending for a 104BCD Adaptor from Precialps.com which will allow me to get a chain ring closer to the frame giving a better chainline and use Shimano chain rings of different sizes. It's a cheaper option than a Lekkie ring which only gets closer to the frame by 5 mm or so. HTH!

Rob

arrkaye

Nov 13, 2017
london
Thanks!

Sounds like I'll be okay.

I may file down the bottom bracket some and go for the custom chain ring approach.