Beer

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Watney's blee**ng red barrel ! A much reviled ale,even made a mention by Monty Python's flying Circus,I'll famed incredulous!
Us East Londoners had Romfords Double diamond to contend with, even made ice cream with the stuff!
Luckily for me I was weaned on Essex local brew Ridley's IPA, a nice nutty brew with a low ABV, CAMARA had made its mark , and pushed most of the Keg brews of the bars .

Not sure what I was drinking whilst on my bike in my avatar, but believe I was in Felstead , close to the Ridley's brewery,possibly was a bottle of their 'Old bob'.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Us East Londoners had Romfords Double diamond to contend with, even made ice cream with the stuff!
Prince Philip is poised to toast the return of his favourite tipple after requesting a bottle of a newly-brewed version of his beer of choice: Double Diamond.

The Duke has had to go without his preferred ale since the pumps ran dry in the early 1990s but after discovering a brewery in Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire had created a tribute version of the ale, called Dual Diamond, the 94-year-old royal asked to sample it.

Philip visited the home of Double Diamond at the Ind Coope and Samuel Allsopp brewhouse during a royal visit in December 1995. To commemorate his visit, a special “Royal Diamond” beer was produced and sent to the palace. It has since been said to be his favourite drink.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My first experience with beer was when I was about 15 and with a freind we decided we would cyle to Morecambe, some 50 add miles or so....
We were an older looking 15 but they didnt bother with ID back then so found a pub and had a few too many pints before setting off for home.
The alcohol gave us some beer legs and we set off home peddalling wobbly but briskley without a care in the world, but unfortunately this didnt last and after several peeit stops our enthusiasm began to evaporate and we ended up walking up Bucker Brow into a stiff breeze as it got cold and dark and realised that 50 miles is a long way in tee shirts and shorts without lights, food or money and ended up huddled together trying to keep out of the now freezing cold wind waiting for the sun to rise to bring some warmth.
I remember this experience quite well but have no idea what beer we drank.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Many beer drinkers wouldn't fit... Lycra has limits to which it can stretch :p

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Been away a few days. Lots of great beery comments and a few for me to try

Big fan of the longman brewery. Their actual location is stunning piece of Sussex countryside

I'm also first on their list when brewery tours happen. Been asking for about 5 years :)

Had a cracking cask ale by vibrant forest called kaleidoscope . Yum

Reactions: EddiePJ

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
[QUOTE="grldtnr, post: 414111, member: 8937"
Not sure what I was drinking whilst on my bike in my avatar, but believe I was in Felstead , close to the Ridley's brewery,possibly was a bottle of their 'Old bob'.[/QUOTE]

I know the area quite well, spent younger pre beer days in this neck of woods. Still visit mates every now and then

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Can't let the thread drop from the first page.

Start of the selection for this weekends beer, port, and cheese fest. Sunday seems a long way away. A bit random with the Wolf Rock, but you have to have a guest ale. :oops:

ur 20 bottles short ;)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Can't let the thread drop from the first page.

Start of the selection for this weekends beer, port, and cheese fest. Sunday seems a long way away. A bit random with the Wolf Rock, but you have to have a guest ale. :oops:

Long blonde all the way !

Reactions: EddiePJ

Advertisers