Best Budget E-Bike

Tommy Sugar

Just Joined
Nov 10, 2017
UK
I'm sure you've had these threads a million times over, but I'll still ask anyway - what would you suggest as a good budget E-Bike? £500 is my ideal upper upper limit, although if a bike is exceptional (though I have no idea what criteria fulfils that) I would consider spending a decent amount more.

I would be buying this solely for commute in urban/semi-urban environments as I do not have a car (but I also enjoy cycling anyway), so off-road capabilities shouldn't be a concern, though again it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be considered if it would be worth the price difference in the long run.

Thanks! :)

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
£500 is my ideal upper upper limit,
I've got one of these for £500 if you're interested - just done 1 ride, 16 miles in dry sunny weather, from new... and still absolutely clean and as-new, mint condition. I paid £840, but took an instant dislike to it and bought a different, more expensive ebike. Nothing wrong with it at all for an entry-level e-mtb, it's just not to my particular taste.

https://expedition-bikes.co.uk/

PM me if interested... my neighbour is sniffing around it at the moment, but he's a bit of a timewaster! Have van, probably could deliver.

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
I think you'd be hard pressed to get a good new e-bike for £500. The cheapest ones we have start from £649.

The bike posted above by cyclebuddy looks like a good bike for the price though.

If you already have a bike then for £5-600 you could get a decent conversion kit if you wanted to go down that route instead.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've got one of these for £500 if you're interested - just done 1 ride, 16 miles in dry sunny weather, from new... and still absolutely clean and as-new, mint condition. I paid £840, but took an instant dislike to it and bought a different, more expensive ebike. Nothing wrong with it at all for an entry-level e-mtb, it's just not to my particular taste.

https://expedition-bikes.co.uk/

PM me if interested... my neighbour is sniffing around it at the moment, but he's a bit of a timewaster! Have van, probably could deliver.
That looks a very nice bike for the money.

The only one I can think of in that price range is the Cyclamatic CX1, but it's not as nice as the one above, as it has a very rudimentary control system.

Tommy Sugar

Just Joined
Nov 10, 2017
UK
Thanks guys, I might be a while but I actually need to gain access to the money before I can buy anything!

Don't hold anything especially for me though.