Best range build...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Hi all... I'm looking at now building another ebike for my 11 yr old daughter as I would love for her to join me for cycles...

I'm thinking of trying to get as much range out of a battery charge as possible for her...

Need some advise as I know you guys are great for that..

Atm I'm thinking 350w 36v rear wheel system with no hand throttle...7amp -15max amp controller...lcd3 computer

15ah 36v battery..

Thinking all this should be great for an 11 yr old girl....

Question is can I chuck one of my 48v batterys on this system or would I blow the controller?...

Was thinking of maybe over volting a 250w motor, could I just buy a 48v controller from eBay and connect it to a 250w motor?.

Regards

Tim

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Takes lot less energy to assist a 30kg kid up hill compared to 90kg man. You should be able use a smaller battery and motor.

Go for 2 small batteries with you carrying spare will keep weight down while still giving range.

Keeping bike light is critical, just imagine manhandling a bike that weights almost as much as you.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A part from all the above she's not 14, legal age to ride ebike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Takes lot less energy to assist a 30kg kid up hill compared to 90kg man. You should be able use a smaller battery and motor.

Go for 2 small batteries with you carrying spare will keep weight down while still giving range.

Keeping bike light is critical, just imagine manhandling a bike that weights almost as much as you.
Great advice thanks..

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
When your daughter is 14 maybe look at a small motor like the Xiongda YTW-06. It's very small and light at about 1.5kg and has plenty of power for it's size and ask Jimmy at Insat to build you a 36v 10s2p 6ah+ battery at about another 1.5kg should make a good lightweight build..

Last edited:

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
When your daughter is 14 maybe look at a small motor like the Xiongda YTW-06. It's very small and light at about 1.5kg and has plenty of power for it's size and ask Jimmy at Insat to build you a 36v 10s2p battery at about another 1.5kg should make a good lightweight build..
Thanks will check it out now..

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I would definitely stay legal for this, so a motor marked 250w. The reason being that a young person will easily keep up with you, they have such boundless energy don't they? I sometimes go out with my 31year old daughter, she easily outpaces me on a Panda conversion I did for her, without any apparent distress. Mind you she is a proffessional dancer and fit as they come.
I think the light weight suggestion would be the way to go. More stealthy looking and lighter so easier to ride power off, so they youngster still can get excercise.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I would definitely stay legal for this, so a motor marked 250w. The reason being that a young person will easily keep up with you, they have such boundless energy don't they? I sometimes go out with my 31year old daughter, she easily outpaces me on a Panda conversion I did for her, without any apparent distress. Mind you she is a proffessional dancer and fit as they come.
I think the light weight suggestion would be the way to go. More stealthy looking and lighter so easier to ride power off, so they youngster still can get excercise.
Indeed, she should have boundless energy but she is lazy haha