Best Vendor of Hailong Downtube 36v 14Ah+?

Rob Fawcett

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2015
Folks, I would be sincerely grateful for your advice, and am happy to hear from companies if the company meets my needs.
I just returned a 14.5Ah battery from technic-computers on eBay which claimed Samsung cells but appeared to contain a random collection of branded and off-brand cells. I opened it up because I was unconvinced by its performance. So I am back to seeking a second battery for my eBike.

I wish to buy from a reputable established vendor.
I would prefer that they publish a physical address, a landline number, and have been reviewed online pretty positively. Actually fairly basic precautions when making a hundreds-of-pounds purchase ;-)
I realise such a seller will likely not be as cheap as some others, but I need a reliable battery which is essentially true to its published spec, and with adequate aftersales backup/warranty if the unit fails within weeks or months of purchase.

So: seeking Hailong 36v downtube, 14Ah or more capacity, branded cells strongly preferred: can anybody please recommend who I can buy from?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Best vendor is subjective.
A very good source for reliability would be;

Woosh bikes in Southend .

Speak to Jimmy at BGA Reworking/Insta intl
0208 3611790. Gateway Mews N11 2UT.

Eclipse bikes .co.uk.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have tried various battery I have a cheap no name Chinese battery it is surprisingly good cost under £250
A triangle high capacity from German /China warehouse excellent with mega range but heavy and the bag did not last it cost time in building various boxes :eek: eBay adds have disappeared and website gone :(

I placed a order with a large battery company in Germany in May they did not reply to emails and the 30 day build is far longer in July had to get a refund from PayPal :mad::(

I have just bitten the bullet and I now have a battery from BGA this has Ga cells , the whole process from the first email to delivery was excellent with a short build time under a week and you can talk to someone full 5 stars hope this helps:D

Reactions: Rob Fawcett

Rob Fawcett

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2015
Thank you, I have discussed prices with Woosh and with Jimmy at BGA. They both seem good and I'll order from one or the other unless anyone else pitches in soon with another recommendation or warning...