Bicycle Alarm system?

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
I had one of those under seat alarms and it worked as I could hear it going off as the thief rode away on my £3500 Trek. He probably just put the boot in it when he got out of site.

garywfox

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2017
Nottingham
Mm. Its not actually an alarm. Its a complete connected system that also has an alarm. Sat nav. Live Pwr/cadence/hr. Electronic bell, indicators, automatic lights plus all the usual ebike stuff and auto upload to Strava. Like I said I am a geek.
I’ve got one too. Maybe we should set up a geeks group!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Pity the alarm / lock system cant "lock" the crank and rear wheel stop it from rotating.

Ah ha an idea for the dragons den

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
A cheap £5 panic alarm could be worth considering as a way of alerting you to your bike being moved. At home maybe replace the pull cord with some fishing line to give more length, and conceal the unit to either the bike or a fixed object? Might just scare them off before they attack any lock/chain etc

Last edited:

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
I went for the Achilles. It's pretty good actually, but kind of bulky. I had to orient it under the front of my seat, not the back, since I couldn't jam it between the seat post and the back rack.

I like the fact that the light turns on as soon as you move the bike. It comes with two mostly aluminium remotes.

Chris.

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2018
UK
I got the top one and its good works as it should and had it 4 months no problems and still works its not too sensitive. I got one with remote and its loud. I didn't find fitting or find charging a problem at all

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes, Cobi - any ideas of cost of intuvia system upgrade from Purion? :confused:
Sorry don't know. SW is the one to ask. You need the cradle and thumb controller. Its a pain to fit cos you have to thread the cable internally to the motor. Might pay to ask at bike shop as they often offer bikes with a choice of display so may have some spares.

Reactions: Parky

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i sold my old display for 60 quid on ebay and i would have swapped it for purion so try a add in the for sale section ;)