Bike computers

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
The old Dutch lost her Garmin Edge 520 on our last trip out. It's going to cost about £175 to replace it, is there a alternative product on the market that is as good but perhaps a little cheaper?
Thanks for any help or advice.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
The old Dutch lost her Garmin Edge 520 on our last trip out. It's going to cost about £175 to replace it, is there a alternative product on the market that is as good but perhaps a little cheaper?
Thanks for any help or advice.
I have a couple of free apps on my phone (I don't use them) that give much the same information as the garmin.
I do use a mobile phone with ordnance survey maps and a free app. Complete UK HD 1:25,000 maps will cost about £130.00. I plot routes on PC and convert to GPX files. App also gives ride stats. profiles etc.

Unseen

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2016
Manchester, UK
Just to add about the OS maps.. If you subscribe to Country Walking magazine for I think £50 you get the OS maps subscription free! Personally I use map my ride but there are others out there which can record many stats and if your phone supports it talk to any ant+ accessories you might have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk