Bike foldable and portable workstand

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I don't usually post reviews on products, unless I've been particularly impressed by them.
This portable bike workstand fits into that category, and there are a number of reasons why I like it so much.

2015-02-05-653.jpg

I bought it from this vendor on eBay:

Bike Portable Workstand

At the time of creating this thread it cost £5.90 with free delivery.
Package arrived within three days from ordering and in excellent condition.

The stand is very simple to attach to the bike, and allows a good two inches of wheel clearance from the ground. It is all you will need if you only want to adjust derailleurs, brakes or true a wheel.

I only used it on my 26" rear wheel, but I guess it would work on the front wheel too.

Pros:

• Simple to use
  • Cheap
  • Small storage space needed
  • Sturdy

Cons:

• May not be suitable for major bike repairs
  • May not be suitable for wheels larger than 26"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

What if you have a rear motor with the wire coming downwards? Do we all need to change to mid-drives or front motors?

I've ordered one anyway. Thanks for the link.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
I don't usually post reviews on products, unless I've been particularly impressed by them.
This portable bike workstand fits into that category, and there are a number of reasons why I like it so much.

View attachment 10507

I bought it from this vendor on eBay. At the time of creating this thread it cost £5.90 with free delivery.
Package arrived within three days from ordering and in excellent condition.

The stand is very simple to attach to the bike, and allows a good two inches of wheel clearance from the ground. It is all you will need if you only want to adjust derailleurs, brakes or true a wheel.

I only used it on my 26" rear wheel, but I guess it would work on the front wheel too.

Pros:

• Simple to use
  • Cheap
  • Small storage space needed
  • Sturdy

Cons:

• Maybe not suitable for major bike repairs
  • To achieve ground clearance on larger wheels, stability may be affected slightly
i bought the same from ebay and had a few significant snags - it didn't lift a 29ers rear of the ground enough to true a wheel, later it felt that it would bend the cable on an oxydrive hub motor in worrying ways, but on a non hub drive smaller bike i can see it might be good

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
What if you have a rear motor with the wire coming downwards? Do we all need to change to mid-drives or front motors?

I've ordered one anyway. Thanks for the link.
On one side, the plastic cup that goes over the hub nut or quick release, has a cut-out. It can be rotated downwards, so may be able to accommodate the wiring too.
2015-02-05-656.jpg
I can't test this theory out, so please don't take it as gospel that it will work.

Maybe you could post back here when yours arrives with a yes or no ;)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
i bought the same from ebay and had a few significant snags - it didn't lift a 29ers rear of the ground enough to true a wheel, later it felt that it would bend the cable on an oxydrive hub motor in worrying ways, but on a non hub drive smaller bike i can see it might be good
Yes, I thought as much. Have changed the cons description to reflect this. Thanks for the info :)