Bike for the wife

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Hi All

Just got myself a Haibike and now the mrs is showing some interest. Want to get her one too but not sure what to go for. She wants a mountain bike style in white. She wont use it a lot so not looking to spend thousands.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Adam

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
Hi Adam,

The Cube Access range has been very popular for 2018 and they are priced very reasonably too!

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/electric-bikes/cube-access-hybrid-pro-500-2018-womens-electric-mountain-bike-white_380834

Stock is limited on the white model but we do have plenty of size options in the black and berry colour option. They also come in a 400Wh variant;

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/electric-bikes/cube-access-hybrid-pro-400-2018-womens-electric-mountain-bike-white_380832

Let us know if you need any further help with your search and we will be happy to help!

Many thanks
Luke

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hi All

Just got myself a Haibike and now the mrs is showing some interest. Want to get her one too but not sure what to go for. She wants a mountain bike style in white. She wont use it a lot so not looking to spend thousands.
Haibike Hardlife ?
They sell it as a mountain bike, but I'd say it errs towards the trekking end of the scale - which is a good thing, as the higher ride position makes it more comfy for those who aren't really wanting a super aggressive geometry.

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
Hi both

Thanks for suggestions. The 2k mark is abit more than i wanted to spend as she wont use that much, well she might if she gets hooked :)

Maybe my only option is second hand unless you know some cheaper options?

Cheers

Adam

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hi both

Thanks for suggestions. The 2k mark is abit more than i wanted to spend as she wont use that much, well she might if she gets hooked :)
Well, if you want to get her hooked, the two bikes mentioned above would be among the best to do it!
The lower end hardlife's (maybe last years models) can be found for around £1700. Not bad.
Does she HAVE to have white? another good one would be a 2017 Trek powerfly womans version. Rutland recently had ex hire ones (don't let that put you off at all! virtually like new and with warranty), in a lovely light blue. Around £1300? Maybe Luke can tell us if more are due to become available?

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
I dont think it has to be white. You know what girls are like but seriously no it doesnt.

If she was going to ride it a lot i would get her the cube no question but she may only ride this once a month to begin with.

Adam

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One sensible option is to consider the battery, try and get a bike with the same battery/ fitting so that they are transferable so can be used on either and can be used for one bike for extra range.

speedy41

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2018
I think I might be better getting her a second hand one first to see how she gets on. I can always upgrade later.

Do any of you guys deal in second hand bikes?

Thanks all for the help. Much appreciated.

Adam

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015