bike keeps cutting out

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Not 100% certain how this works and your simple analogue LED may not have this function. It could be through voltage change when the motor is running or a signal from the controller. One other thing to try is to disconnect the LED and carefully connect the red and blue wires on the controller side and run the bike. This will power up the controller and show if the LED is at fault.

beesandsbasser

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2018
plymouth
Not 100% certain how this works and your simple analogue LED may not have this function. It could be through voltage change when the motor is running or a signal from the controller. One other thing to try is to disconnect the LED and carefully connect the red and blue wires on the controller side and run the bike. This will power up the controller and show if the LED is at fault.

beesandsbasser

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2018
plymouth

beesandsbasser

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2018
plymouth
Hi Wheeliepete busy day .I tried your suggestion with the red and blue wire from the controller hot wired the bike ran for a lot longer 20minutes then we stopped it. Does this mean that the led its going into automatic dormancy
Can this be fixed? or will it be a new led . do you know the difference between the 810 on my wifes bike my bike has a 790 led.Thanks for all your help on this forum .