Bike suggestions for a couple of chunky gents :-)

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Just to add...If you buy 2 bikes at the same time you might be able to get a discount but the best thing about having 2 bikes the same is fault finding.
If you have any problems in the future you can just swop parts from one bike to the other until you proof the fault.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
D

Deleted member 4366

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Dave, I ride one! I agree though the Torque would be much better. We can offer a choice of controllers on the SE bikes. One with a soft start, on this version more power is delivered as the cadence increases. The other is less sophisticated but gives you full power immediately it kicks in.

I do have a couple of demo Wisper 705Torques that have some minor frame marks. They have both done about 100 miles. We could certainly do you a superb deal on those.

If you are interested please email dmiall@me.com

All the best, David

Yorkshire Traveller

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2017
West Yorkshire
Hi Dave, I ride one! I agree though the Torque would be much better. We can offer a choice of controllers on the SE bikes. One with a soft start, on this version more power is delivered as the cadence increases. The other is less sophisticated but gives you full power immediately it kicks in.

I do have a couple of demo Wisper 705Torques that have some minor frame marks. They have both done about 100 miles. We could certainly do you a superb deal on those.

If you are interested please email dmiall@me.com

All the best, David
Thanks Dave - I'll be in touch.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Dave - I'll be in touch.
Great I look forward to hearing from you. I am in Spain at the moment at our new factory, but will be back on Thursday.

I should explain my comment to Dave (D8veh) I am also 20 stone. My step through bikes were developed specifically for the heavier rider, so I could use one! The down tube on the 705 is oversize, this gives the bike more strength and rigidity. It was designed for both men and women to ride. It has hydraulic disc brakes back and front with 180mm rotor on the front wheel for solid braking even in the wet.

All the best, David

705 Torque 2.jpg

edge.bike

Trade Member
Jul 13, 2017
London
We seek the advice from the forum for the purchase of two electric bikes for us to take on holiday with us in our motorhome (we already have a two bike rack on the motorhome).

The bikes will be used for day rides out from campsites to visit the local sights and restaurants. I would anticipate a maximum of 10 - 20 miles per outing.

2 x males 18 & 20 stone (yes - we are on diets!).

We would prefer a 'step through' design, large wheels, twist and go without the need to change gears manually.

Would like to try and keep the cost below £1500 per bike if possible (but appreciate we may have to go over budget to get everything we want).

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.
Hi
Can I suggest you also take a look at our retro model, which meets most of your requirements including twist and go gears.
https://edge.bike/products/retro

We now also have a low bar version, which is the same but with a lower frame. https://edge.bike/products/low-bar-coming-soon

Both are available for you to trial for seven days with no a quibble returns policy.