Bimbling around the country lanes and found a classic car rally to watch

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
Seeing the local countryside in a new light since getting my ebike. Previously I only rode for fitness and fun off road. Whilst I will be continuing mountain biking (unassisted and possibly assisted), I'm actually enjoying reasonably gentle riding around the lanes near home, just to get out on the bike.

Being a total petrolhead as well, it was great to combine both by wheeled hobbies today.

Parked up to take a couple of photos of Mary (my bike, named after the On-One Mary handle bars (they have Mungo and Midge bars as well)).

IMG_20170422_171540 by fatwomble, on Flickr

Then about 15 or 20 classic cars came passed

Colour matched

2017-04-22_06-30-51 by fatwomble, on Flickr

2017-04-22_06-31-42 by fatwomble, on Flickr

IMG_20170422_171745 by fatwomble, on Flickr

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
It's great what you see out and about, I stumbled across a vintage tractor ploughing competition the other day, sat on my bike peering over the hedge of a country lane in the middle of nowhere for a good half hour, surprisingly captivating

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
It's great what you see out and about, I stumbled across a vintage tractor ploughing competition the other day, sat on my bike peering over the hedge of a country lane in the middle of nowhere for a good half hour, surprisingly captivating
Mrs FW has a thing about vintage tractors, we have several in our village, although they only seem to drive to the bottle bank and back. Not sure what that says about vintage tractor owners ;)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I put those bars on everything I own. My commuter, My hardtail...everything except my drop bar roadie

There are the most amazingly versatile comfortable things! Folk tend to scoff especially mtb -ers.....till they try :) the geometry is spot on and are ergonomically perfect, even on technical off road

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
Ooo, what frame or bike is that

I put those bars in everything. My commuter. My hardtail...everything except my drop bar roadie

There are the most amazingly versatile comfortable things! Folk tend to scoff.....till they try :)
It's only a GTech, nothing special. The singlespeed carbon belt appealed to me though. Works well for a first ebike. With regard to the bars, I've been buying On-One stuff for years, I've always liked their quirkiness.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
It's only a GTech, nothing special. The singlespeed carbon belt appealed to me though. Works well for a first ebike. With regard to the bars, I've been buying On-One stuff for years, I've always liked their quirkiness.
Me too, I have an inbred and Pompetamine and many other bits

But I live in Brighton so am very excited to go to Sheffield with work. Side trip to their warehouse coming on in May

Very nearly bought a original scandium scandal frame the other day. Too big,

Reactions: fatwomble

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
Me too, I have an inbred and Pompetamine and many other bits

But I live in Brighton so am very excited to go to Sheffield with work. Side trip to their warehouse coming on in May

Very nearly bought a original scandium scandal frame the other day. Too big,
Had a Pompino when they first came out, had a couple of Inbreds, still have a Inbred frame (currently unbuilt), all my bikes seem to have some On-One components on them. Good to find another fan :)

post up some pictures if you take any on the visit.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Had a Pompino when they first came out, had a couple of Inbreds, still have a Inbred frame (currently unbuilt), all my bikes seem to have some On-One components on them. Good to find another fan :)

post up some pictures if you take any on the visit.
Will do !:)

Mate of mine has an alfine , inbred with a bbs conversion by Brighton Ebikes

The frames really lend themselves. A 29er titanium inbred would be my perfect hardtail frame for a conversion

Reactions: fatwomble