BMS Battery delivery

Richardab

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2018
UK
Just checking, I ordered a bunch of bits on 24 April, status went to 'Tracking number available' on 5 May, I have asked BMS for UPS tracking number and that shows 'label created' on 4 may, 'waiting for shipment to arrive at our facility'

I contacted BMS and they said its 10-15 days to ship.

Is this all normal, seems like its been sitting at BMS for 10 days with shipping waiting to go or is this just something to do with it not showing up on the UPS screen whilst its in Chinese couriers hands.

Not worrying quite yet but I'm just keen to get on with build.

D

Deleted member 4366

Nothing to worry about. The tracking numbers rarely work because it's normally different for the Chinese carrier and the UK one. Sometimes stuff gets stuck in customs for two weeks, especially if you order a battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
China tracking numbers are generally pooh, once customs release it then often RM issue a new tracking number and often send an email.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
yes this is normal i had to wait 30 days from order to delivery..and the tracking only worked when my parcel was in
France..UPS tracking..its very irritating when your waiting to start your build i was exactly the same.

Richardab

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2018
UK
Kit has arrived! So thats just over two weeks from shipping and almost 4 from ordering, can't complain really. No sign of duty/VAT request, does that come after?

Anyway very exciting, loads of bits. I have already ordered rims to build the wheels myself. The spoke flanges are very thick compared to normal hubs, do regular 2.0mm J bend spokes sit ok in there? I will probably order Sapim Force which are 2.2/1.8/2.0mm, certainly for the lightweight commuter with the Q100C. I will tackle that build first and then look at the Q128C on a hardtail mtb later.

I'm sure there will be more questions, so I will probably start a build thread for both bikes.
IMG_4327.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

2.0mm (14g) spokes will be fine.

Don't get too excited about the VAT yet. the bill normally comes up to 2 weeks later.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Kit has arrived! So thats just over two weeks from shipping and almost 4 from ordering, can't complain really. No sign of duty/VAT request, does that come after?

Anyway very exciting, loads of bits. I have already ordered rims to build the wheels myself. The spoke flanges are very thick compared to normal hubs, do regular 2.0mm J bend spokes sit ok in there? I will probably order Sapim Force which are 2.2/1.8/2.0mm, certainly for the lightweight commuter with the Q100C. I will tackle that build first and then look at the Q128C on a hardtail mtb later.

I'm sure there will be more questions, so I will probably start a build thread for both bikes.
View attachment 24867
You also have Sapim Strong which are 2.4 mm then 2 mm which I would prefer on the Q128.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 2.4mm is only on the J bend for Sapim Strongs.

Richardab

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2018
UK
Thanks for the advice. The butted Force should be ample for the road bike. I have built and ridden wheels with 0.9mm CX rays and 1.5mm Lazers even for serious MTB use without failure, I think the skinnier butted section allows a bit of give so the J-bend doesn't get too much stress, spokes rarely break in the middle. My concern was the size of the hole in the flange and the thickness of the flange, but it sounds like it works fine with 2.0mm J bends.