Bosch Display Question

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
I'm thinking of swapping out the vunerable Intuvia display for the more compact Purion. I have a couple of questions;
1. Is it plug and play?
2. Where is the log (mileage, etc) stored, in the display or in the motor?

Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
1 yes
2 in the motor

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The change over is straight forward, just be careful removing plastic cable guides where cables entry frame. On Cube if you undo screw totally the nut on back will full off into the frame. Luckily I watched video of guy fitting one to Cube MTB, before tackling my Cube.

Reactions: Quarryjmiller

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Am I the only one who thinks the purion is just as vunerable on the bars as the rest

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Why would one think the intuvia is particularly vulnerable?
Im with you
personally I think intuvia is less vulnerable than purion especially as I run riser bars so its being more protected that way , ive hit the outer ends of my bars a damn side more than the stem and centre

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Yeah, I can see why you'd think the Intuvia display isn't vulnerableView attachment 25918
What makes you think the purion is going to be any less vulnerable
also its easier to put on an intuvia than rerouting a purion when you destroy it

each to there own thou but personally I cant wait to get rid of the purion it sticks up at the bar ends way too much for my liking
roll on autumn for the new Kiox display I can put it between my pair of exposure lights :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the main reasons i got rid of mine is because it limits what stems you can use you cant turn off the back light so at night it is right in ur face and can easy get damaged in a crash mine took a whack or 2 lol.

the only thing i miss on the purion display is the clock and you cant remove it.tho if it was wireless it would be in my pocket as i only have 2 modes turbo and flat ;)

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
the main reasons i got rid of mine is because it limits what stems you can use you cant turn off the back light so at night it is right in ur face and can easy get damaged in a crash mine took a whack or 2 lol.

the only thing i miss on the purion display is the clock and you cant remove it.tho if it was wireless it would be in my pocket as i only have 2 modes turbo and flat ;)
Im with you there
it would stuff my lighting system up and it would definitely be great if it was removable :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all they had to do was make a usb mag lock for the display mount that the purion could lock on to.

best stop giving them free ideas lol ;)

Reactions: Fat Rat

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I like fact its not removeable, one less thing to do when locking bike up. I've has intuvia come off when push though heavy brush, luckily found it again.

I place bell next to purion to give it some protection. Whether its purion or intuvia plus remotes still vunerable in crash. Specialized system with small remote buttons is best, not sure if can still use assist on side of battery if remote is damaged.

Found I spent to much time looking at Intuvia than countryside, purion is less of a distraction.

Advertisers