Bosch Intuvia removable console issues

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Recently I have acquired a KTM macina 29 and I'm very happy with it.

Today it has been raining a good deal and this has led me to wonder if Bosch designed the contact system for console removal in wet weather or is it inadvisable?

Additionally I've seen a YouTube review that shows the unit retain power when removed, but mine doesn't do that, and I see no sign of a battery compartment.

Lastly and perhaps connected with lack of battery I'm not able to retain any clock setting a Ross plwer off/on. There may be other settings lost, but that's the one I've noticed.

Perhaps my Intuit is an older model than the one I saw on yt? Any and all assistance and advice gratefully received

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Wow! Even though i got the name wrong you managed to post a comprehensively useful reply in about seven mi utes! Thankyou very much!

I shall most li!ely go straight down the fix it myself route, no poi t worrying about voiding any warranty since this is a second hand bike.

I may just check in with my lbs though, since i bought it frlm them theres a faint chance they might buy the battery for me. Be nice to have it working fully though.

Can anyone explain to me how it retains data like odometer, yet loses clock settings?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all display settings are stored in the motor controller bar clock so you can use the new purion display if you wanted as it is a plug and play so easy swap as i have done on my bike.

you can also charge the intuvia display via the usb but if the batt has no voltage it wont charge.

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
...I may just check in with my lbs though, ...
so glad this was my first thought! It turns out the Intuvia display is brand new and was added to the bike by the LBS to replace a stolen one.

Which leaves me thinking that perhaps the battery has yet to receive a sufficient initial charge for the battery to do it's job? I'm going to give it plenty of time plugged in via the mini USB, which I hope will charge it? (I'm aware that port could be there more for the charging of mobile devices on board to the bike, in which case this may not work.

More to the point my LBS have confirmed the unit should be under warranty, so I'm quite glad I didn't open the back and void any warranty.

Can any others confirm my suspicions here, has anyone had a brand new Intuvia console, and did you have to take any actions to ensure the on board battery operated correctly and retained clock settings etc.?

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
The Intuvia will take a charge via the USB.

Just charge it up, see if that corrects your issue, then take it from there.

• Agree
Reactions: Twinkleten

Advertisers