Bosch motor problems

mumph

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Bristol
Has anyone had problems with a bosch performance line motor? My bike initially started changing speed on hills, up and down, now it does it on the flat. No error codes logged. Really annoying, and bike is becoming unrideable.

Thanks in advance

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Has anyone had problems with a bosch performance line motor? My bike initially started changing speed on hills, up and down, now it does it on the flat. No error codes logged. Really annoying, and bike is becoming unrideable.

Thanks in advance
.... Could it be bad contacts on the assist switch changing assistance level?. Or a bad contact on the. Display panel. . If this looses contact, all power is switched off. Or just the battery pack jiggling out of contact. .. I found that using a bungee cord would hold it secure.

mumph

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Bristol
I should have mentioned that it's been occurring since I commuted to work in very wet weather (cycle about 15 miles a day).

D

Deleted member 4366

I should have mentioned that it's been occurring since I commuted to work in very wet weather (cycle about 15 miles a day).
that might have something to do with your problem, but you need to keep an open mind because it might have nothing to do with the cause.

mumph

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Bristol
It's just been serviced by a KTM dealer, is that something they should have looked at, when mentioning the problem?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It's just been serviced by a KTM dealer, is that something they should have looked at, when mentioning the problem?
.. one of the oddities of the intuvia display is that it does not tell you if the battery gets disconnected. Since it has its own internal battery , the display will still light up and display the last valid battery power

Possibly, but it depends what type of service you had... most services are just gears / brakes and a software update. I don't think they'd have done things like regrease all the parts on the bike that need greasing, that's a bit more than just a service in the eyes of most bike shops I've experienced.

Its a bit like expecting them to lube your chain in the service, they probably won't. Its really something of a good habit you should get into.

Last edited:

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The remote switch is known to have corrosion issues
(This bit)
image.jpeg
For quite a while, my switch would occasionally change the assist level down when I pressed the "i" button, I just lived with it as it was intermittent and now I think about it, it hasn't happend this year ( about the last 300 miles)
It might be worth you taking a look inside for water damage ;)
( my switch was dry inside when I looked)
also the main display could suffer water ingress in a downpour, stick it in the airing cupboard when your not useing it, or maybe a plastic bag with some dry rice.

Last edited:

BoostedByBosch

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2017
South east
.. one of the oddities of the intuvia display is that it does not tell you if the battery gets disconnected. Since it has its own internal battery , the display will still light up and display the last valid battery power
You can tell when the battery is disconnected as the speed will not be displayed it will not even display 0 mph as if your stopped with the battery connected, it will just be blank no mph or number on the display.

Last edited:

Advertisers