Bosch Nyon Dead

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I spoke to soon. My nyon has developed a flashing white screen of death issue. Luckily i bought it 9 months ago without issue, so covered under the 2 year warranty. However, i've decided to buy the Purion instead as much cheaper and less costly to replace and of course more mtb friendly.

I did like the nyon as an all in one, but i've realised that its big for a mtb and out of warranty £350 to replace vs purion £100.

If i need sat nav i'll dig out my old garmin 800.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

John5001

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2014
Same problem. It isn't dead. Press all four buttons at the same time. Will come back.
Just seen your post as I have just acquired one and had same issue. Nothing on Internet until I used translation on a German YouTube.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Suggest getting it to a dealer to do a full factory reset and update. That solved my problem and it was fine after this. Not something you can do yourself unfortunately due to Bosch controls on programs.

Have to say, get it fixed and sell on eBay. Buy yourself a purion as i feel it much more robust. I bought the garmin 820 for all the other stuff and agin very robust.

Goodluck.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Same problem. It isn't dead. Press all four buttons at the same time. Will come back.
Just seen your post as I have just acquired one and had same issue. Nothing on Internet until I used translation on a German YouTube.
Suggest getting it to a dealer to do a full factory reset and update. That solved my problem and it was fine after this. Not something you can do yourself unfortunately due to Bosch controls on programs.

Have to say, get it fixed and sell on eBay. Buy yourself a purion as i feel it much more robust. I bought the garmin 820 for all the other stuff and agin very robust.

Goodluck.

John5001

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2014
Now working OK after reset as stated. Only issue, wonder why it happened.

Nothing except that video about this issue on the net that I could find.
Grateful for finding that though.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Looking at Garmin Etrex 30.
Used to have a garmin etrex 30, which i used for trekking and you can get attachment for bike. IMHO the the non is good for occasional road biking, but always felt flimsy and the reboot put me off it. As i said, don't regret prion as simple n less to go wrong. Garmin does a much better job than non for navigation etc.

Related Articles

Advertisers