Bosch system and reduced range???

Gordon Jackson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 22, 2017
Shropshire
Thank you so much all of you for the extremely quick replies (some hilarious) and for the positive words of encouragement! I shall persevere now I'm happy there's not something wrong with it and get myself a little lighter which was the reason for getting the bike in the first place!

Gordon Jackson

Feb 22, 2017
Shropshire
Good luck with that.
The bonus of ebike excersizing is its bloody good fun as well .
Do you know anyone else with one? It helps if you have company...
I don't as yet but a couple of mates have had a go and they went from taking the **** and quoting "cheater" to "Wow" and "i want one"! so it won't be long!

Reactions: Artstu

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You will learn over time what works and what doesn't work in respect of gaining maximum range. There are so many variables.

The downside for you at the moment is that conditions aren't great, so don't get too disappointed if you don't get the range that you expect, or hope for.

Gordon Jackson

Feb 22, 2017
Shropshire
You will learn over time what works and what doesn't work in respect of gaining maximum range. There are so many variables.

The downside for you at the moment is that conditions aren't great, so don't get too disappointed if you don't get the range that you expect, or hope for.
Thank you for that. I was worried that there might be a fault with it. It is only 9 months old with 600 miles on the clock so it should be good.
Cheers
GJ

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Getting on a bike after so long you are used to faster speeds along roads so you are running motor flat out,and on hills you might not be in the most efficient gear for distance, you'll get used to it , or carry a spare battery if you find one at a decent price.

Gordon Jackson

Feb 22, 2017
Shropshire
Getting on a bike after so long you are used to faster speeds along roads so you are running motor flat out,and on hills you might not be in the most efficient gear for distance, you'll get used to it , or carry a spare battery if you find one at a decent price.
I did wonder that, between my cadence, the gearing and the different modes it makes quite a difference to the load on the motor i guess.
Cheers
GJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0700.JPG
25t ;)

onetangi

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2017
nz
I have a 2016 Xduro SRX with 500 battery and 460km on the clock. . Range cockpit indicates a range of 46km in Turbo, with my parameters

The bike gives me a range of 22km in Turbo when reset.

Fish2

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2017
The sunny side of the Alps
I live right under the mountains, so I will do a lot of climbs. But I intend to also put in as much of my own power as possible.

A better metric would probably be how many meters of climbing you can do on a full battery.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I count the climbs in feet cos it sounds like more.. but with 1800ft which is about 600metres I can get about 40 miles, and if I go for 300ft it's down to 30 to 35 miles. But I am nearly 70 and probably rely on the motor more than someone younger.

Reactions: Fish2
D

Deleted member 4366

That's 114 km up a 1 degree incline or 23 km up a 5 degree incline.

• Agree
Reactions: Fish2

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
For what it's worth, getting back to the original point, as I have just come across this thread.

I too watched closely the "Range" of miles as I cycled and it jumps up and down depending on the boost mode.

However I have seen go as low as 6 miles remaining with 3 bars of the battery remaining.

I tend to watch the battery meter on the display as it appears more accurate than the number of miles remaining.
So far I have covered over 30 miles of hard climbing in Turbo mode and still have battery left. This is with the 500 battery.

Related Articles

Advertisers