Bottle Carrier

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
For anyone who's interested here's a picture of the Bottle carrier brackets, mentioned by Westoe, fitted on my bike:

Often I don't carry a water bottle unless I'm going far off the beaten track, but I always carry my tool bottle.
Having bottle cage's fitted lets me transfer my tools to whichever one of my 6 bikes I'm riding. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fordulike

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
d8veh, you are obviously a very unique individual, I salute you and your very low heart rate. :D

I hope you were using a proper HR chest belt to record these numbers not some jiggery-pokery on your smartphone ?

D

Deleted member 4366

I bought two of those chest monitors. Neither will register a heartbeat. Only my phone works. It's correct, though. I compared it with a stopwatch measurement. Same result.

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
I'm surprised by that.
Most of the modern belts are ANT+ compatible and have initially to be paired with the HR receiver, either a dedicated monitor or dongle which fits older iPads or iPhones.
My Beurer HRM requires it to be set to training mode to pick up the heart rate but once that has been done can be set to any of the many display functions.
If the belt is not ANT+ compatible it will only work with its own dedicated display.
Whichever belt you use, always put spit on the contacts before wearing. This ensures a good electrical contact and should enable your HR to be picked up.

D

Deleted member 4366

They were both Bluetooth ones. The last one came from Aldi. It paired, but wouldn't show the heat beat. The other one wouldn't pair.

Advertisers