bottom bracket height and suspension forks

Andrew Brown

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
worcestershire
I have a Cyclotricity Revolver 17 inch frame and I am five feet 6. With a modest raise of the seat i can get the correct leg length but when I come to get off the seat ( for example at a roundabout or junction) waiting for the right to go again I find it a hard job getting back up again on to the seat and the weight of the bike adds to the issue. My theory is that the bottom bracket is perhaps 2 to 3 inches higher because of the suspension fork so in reality it makes the bike the height of a 19 or 20 inch one.

I've tried lowering the seat but then my legs are too bent.

One member here in pedelec has advised me previously about the possibility of swapping out to a normal rather than suspension fork. One independent bike shop has told me on the phone this can be a faff but i am not sure it is so challenging. I wonder do other people find the same problem with suspension fork bikes ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what you want is a dropper post ;)

Andrew Brown

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
worcestershire
gosh Thank you I had never heard of such a thing and have now had a quick scoot in google and it seems it enable s seat height changes on the go. Where would I start by means of sourcing one ?

Andrew Brown

Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
worcestershire
Thank you for this information. Its so helpful. Many times I have stopped ona ride and got off to adjust on even my normal non e bike,. I never realised there was a remote controlled solution !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will probably need to get an ext cable version and don't forget the correct diameter for your seat tube.
Chain reaction ,PlanetX or any other online or store supplier.

Advertisers