Bottom bracket

Daftlad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2016
Hi all.
I have been looking for a new bottom bracket for my unknown brand bike and am really struggling.
It is 150mm by 68mm and totally symmetrical.
I guess it is so long so the pedals don't hit the battery which is stored behind the seat.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it is a dumb question!

Daftlad

Feb 26, 2016
Indeed.
The longest I have found on tinterweb is 130 mm and it isn't symmetrical.
Will keep looking.....

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
these BBs last a very long time, only need cleaning and regrease. If the caged balls show corrosion (pitted surface), you can replace just the ball cages.
If you are stuck, email woosh, I think they have what you need.

Daftlad

Feb 26, 2016
Forgot to say,
The quality really is poor, the bearings and cups are OK but the Axel looks like it is made from something pretty soft as it is actually deformed and creating swarf where the bearings run, and it was correctly adjusted!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
...and it came from China and you bought it chez Leclerc... Their slogan is "we are the cheapest" not "we are the best".

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hi all.
I have been looking for a new bottom bracket for my unknown brand bike and am really struggling.
It is 150mm by 68mm and totally symmetrical.
I guess it is so long so the pedals don't hit the battery which is stored behind the seat.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it is a dumb question!
Did you ever get this problem sorted? Juicy bikes do a bottom bracket, in their spares department. I got mine from there, but it's not symmetrical. It's done me 4500 miles, but I am only just working on getting the chainline exactly right!
https://www.juicybike.co.uk/ebike-aftercare/juicy-bike-parts/bottom-bracket

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
OP needed a 150mm one. They're hard to find.
Well, the one I received is 150mm long. Not sure of the shell width, as it's screwed into the bike. The bottom bracket shell width of the bike itself is 80mm.

Advertisers