Bow Wave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was passed by a bus at speed.. Not only boats make waves.

Without me on it this bike weighs in at about 20KG.. Imagine being on an 8 or 10 KG bike..
The danger is if there's a row of them passing. The gentle rocking from side to side could make you nod off. :D

• :D
Reactions: Jimod

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I am more glad at each video I ride where I do! Buses respect bikes where I live... :D

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am more glad at each video I ride where I do! Buses respect bikes where I live... :D
It's not the busses, it's the drivers..
I live next to a railway line and there is an unmanned crossing with no barriers nearby. The trains have to sound their horns on aproach which they do withva short two tone but at 5 am on a Sunday morning one driver gives an impressively extra long blast just as he drives past the houses.. just letting us all know he is on duty.
I shouldn't complain really because a long time ago I dongled an old landrover and boosted it's speed to an estimated 100 mph and I can still remember passing a cyclist on my first test run and can clearly remember him wobbling all over the road..

Reactions: anotherkiwi

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Houses would be knocked over by a Landrover doing the ton!

Reactions: mike killay

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Houses would be knocked over by a Landrover doing the ton!
Yes it was a thing to behold. It was back in the late 70's I had a 1969 Landrover for a long time and as there was a glut of Rover SD1 V8's on the scrapheap a few companies sprung up offering conversion parts to marry the two together. In my case with a neighbour we fitted a V8 (185BHP) and added an extra 2 speed box to the power take off which then gave me 16 forward gears and 4 in reverse, which was really 4 sets of 4, but was sold as and used as an overdrive! It was a little like electric bikes at traffic lights in that no one expected what happened next when the lights turned green! Dongles on steroids

Reactions: Artstu and VictoryV

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I was passed by a bus at speed.. Not only boats make waves.
Without me on it this bike weighs in at about 20KG.. Imagine being on an 8 or 10 KG bike..
What camera do you use? I ' m thinking to use camera instead of rearview

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Arcus vélomobile has a camera as rear view mirror option.

That bus didn't slow down whereas here they do, lorries too. Vans no...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The Arcus vélomobile has a camera as rear view mirror option.

That bus didn't slow down whereas here they do, lorries too. Vans no...
I have often thought about a mirror camera but there would need to be a screen of sorts on the bars. Does anyone make 4ft wide bars?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk