Brad hits the deck

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Bradley Wiggins has been knocked off his bike and suffered broken ribs .If this doesn't show there is a need for safe cycle routes in the north then nothing will. Its not a great advert for others to get on their bike.

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Lancashire motorists strike cyclists again

Sky News has just reported that the Lancashire motorists have just claimed another member of the GB cycling team, their head coach Shane Sutton.
Bradley Wiggins And Coach Shane Sutton Hurt

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
"British Cycling is calling on the government to put cycling at the heart of transport policy to ensure that cycle safety is built into the design of all new roads, junctions and transport projects, rather than being an afterthought."
High profile accidents will help convince the government that more has to be done as the number of cyclists increases, now i am not for one minute suggesting that Team Sky gets its riders on the road in their all Black kit at night but........................

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
now i am not for one minute suggesting that Team Sky gets its riders on the road in their all Black kit at night but........................
.......but WE could if we could just work out a way of not doing TOO much damage to each other......a concerted pedelecs forum initiative.....but I bagsy doing the driving ....promise I wont be TOO rough ;)

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Londoner Bradley shouldn't have moved, it's clearly more dangerous to cycle in Lancashire. :rolleyes:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
.......but WE could if we could just work out a way of not doing TOO much damage to each other......a concerted pedelecs forum initiative.....but I bagsy doing the driving ....promise I wont be TOO rough ;)

i will be the producer and cameraman, we just need a rider or 2 now :D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
i will be the producer and cameraman, we just need a rider or 2 now :D
Stand well back then Mick...we dont want to get crushed by the rush of volunteers :D

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Londoner Bradley shouldn't have moved, it's clearly more dangerous to cycle in Lancashire. :rolleyes:
i nearly said in the other thread yesterday re cycle network that its probably safer here than london due to less traffic i am glad i didn't now :rolleyes:

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Bradley Wiggins has been knocked off his bike and suffered broken ribs .If this doesn't show there is a need for safe cycle routes in the north then nothing will. Its not a great advert for others to get on their bike.
I wonder if he was braking any speed restrictions?

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn

Advertisers