Brand new Bosch Intuvia - Complete

Excalpino

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2017
Perth
intuvia.jpg I have just purchased a new Kalkhoff ProConnect B10 but have upgraded to the Nyon unit which was fitted by my supplier. I therefore have a brand new complete unused Intuvia Performance Line unit for sale. I will only sell the complete unit + controller. I do not have the user manual for this unit but it can be downloaded from https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/downloads/. There are no fitting instructions. (The unit should be fitted by a Bosch trained fitter.) Price £90 for complet kit! Please contact me if interested.

Mark Pateman

Just Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Hi

Interested in buying this. Would you be willing to list on ebay and i will purchase through that ?

Thanks Mark

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
View attachment 17946 I have just purchased a new Kalkhoff ProConnect B10 but have upgraded to the Nyon unit which was fitted by my supplier. I therefore have a brand new complete unused Intuvia Performance Line unit for sale. I will only sell the complete unit + controller. I do not have the user manual for this unit but it can be downloaded from https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/downloads/. There are no fitting instructions. (The unit should be fitted by a Bosch trained fitter.) Price £90 for complet kit! Please contact me if interested.

I do own a Nyon myself and i would personally wouldn't sell it at all i have had my Nyon about just over 12 months don't get me wrong it a very good device and when it working their is no problems.

But in the past i have had a couple of problems with it when i have updated the software in the device it gone wrong and I have had to
Send it back to my dealer to sort out the mistake and get it working correctly again.

Lucky I had the intuvia display handy to be able to put on my bike and if i need to go some where i have it to hand

The last thing you would want is you are not able to ride because you have a working display

I make it a golden rule now when i cycle i always take a spare display with me just in case their is a problem the Nyon goes funny on me and then i can just swap it over and carry on riding

A couple of week ago the Nyon wouldn't even switch on it kept coming up with a white screen i had to reset the device on the spot to get it working again lucky I didn't have to send it back to my dealer to sort out the problem it was a simple fix

I have noticed in the past some of the updates are not great on the nyon they seem to sort out some bugs in the software and create some more in other parts

It completely up to you if you want to sell the device but that is my experience with the nyon and I always carry it with me all the time just in case their is a problem the intuvia is backward compatible to the nyon just push the display on and it just works with no problems

A very handy device to have just in case you do get a problem on the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excalpino

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2017
Perth
I do own a Nyon myself and i would personally wouldn't sell it at all i have had my Nyon about just over 12 months don't get me wrong it a very good device and when it working their is no problems.

But in the past i have had a couple of problems with it when i have updated the software in the device it gone wrong and I have had to
Send it back to my dealer to sort out the mistake and get it working correctly again.

Lucky I had the intuvia display handy to be able to put on my bike and if i need to go some where i have it to hand

The last thing you would want is you are not able to ride because you have a working display

I make it a golden rule now when i cycle i always take a spare display with me just in case their is a problem the Nyon goes funny on me and then i can just swap it over and carry on riding

A couple of week ago the Nyon wouldn't even switch on it kept coming up with a white screen i had to reset the device on the spot to get it working again lucky I didn't have to send it back to my dealer to sort out the problem it was a simple fix

I have noticed in the past some of the updates are not great on the nyon they seem to sort out some bugs in the software and create some more in other parts

It completely up to you if you want to sell the device but that is my experience with the nyon and I always carry it with me all the time just in case their is a problem the intuvia is backward compatible to the nyon just push the display on and it just works with no problems

A very handy device to have just in case you do get a problem on the road

Hi Mac, Thanks for your advice, the unit has not sold and I was considering offering it as separate components as I expect that some of the mtb guys break bits from time to time, however after reading your post I think I'll hold on to it for a while and see how the Nyon behaves. I'm hopeful that the major update to the Nyon in the latter part of 2016 has ironed out the problems with earlier versions, so far I'm very pleased with it and am looking forward to trying out the navigation capabilities around Scotland once the weather improves.

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Hi Mac, Thanks for your advice, the unit has not sold and I was considering offering it as separate components as I expect that some of the mtb guys break bits from time to time, however after reading your post I think I'll hold on to it for a while and see how the Nyon behaves. I'm hopeful that the major update to the Nyon in the latter part of 2016 has ironed out the problems with earlier versions, so far I'm very pleased with it and am looking forward to trying out the navigation capabilities around Scotland once the weather improves.
On average Bosch release about 4 updates a year to the Nyon you never know when they are going to update it just appear on the screen i normally just take the update straight away but once i did have to send it back to my dealer to be reformatted

My dealer soon sorted it out for me and got it working again it was a four day turn around and i had to pay the postage for it to go their
But if i never had the other display i wouldn't of been able to ride at all

When you are paying for a good display you just want it working all the time with no further problems at all if you are like me you want it for maps purpose then really you cannot be without it at all

I very much depend on my bike as a form of transport to get me around every where i don't own a car at all and i have no interest
Of learning either my ebike and my trailer suits my needs just fine

I would never sell the other display at all because you never know what could happen in the next update then you would be without a display until you get your dealer to reformat your display and get it working again with no further problems

Just thought i would let you know when you are out of your 2 year warranty for your nyon display you would have to pay the going rate for them to fix your nyon

The other display has saved me a couple of times hasn't stopped me from riding because once i had to get to a appointment so I just used the other display to get me their

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
That was great advise from mac user. I sold my nyon in favour of purion having the white screen of death and a reset would not fix it. It went back to shop and i was without it for a week. It's a nice bit of kit, but too fragile for my mtb,and sometimes glitchy.
I've also heard that Bosch may well not support it in future. No surprise there.

Reactions: Mac_user82

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
That was great advise from mac user. I sold my nyon in favour of purion having the white screen of death and a reset would not fix it. It went back to shop and i was without it for a week. It's a nice bit of kit, but too fragile for my mtb,and sometimes glitchy.
I've also heard that Bosch may well not support it in future. No surprise there.
Thanks very much for your kind words Steve A i'am very grateful for what have you said about my advice

i do think the Nyon was design really mainly for commuters in mind not really mtb riders the reason why i state this because the maps are no good if you are going off in the hills because they wont work only on proper roads

in the past i have notice sometimes some routes cannnot be created either via a postcode to postcode when i have been using my ebikeconnect account

The only type of cycling i do now is commuting and don't do no off road at all so the nyon is perfect for my needs i can see why a mtb rider would no use for it at all.

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
Interesting to see all these Nyon issues, plus parted £6k for an Allmtn pro Haibike summer last year, Nyon updated in September and that was the end of the bike as it kept disengaging the power the morning after the update, dealer and Raleigh kept looking at the motor no matter how much I pleaded it was software - eventually they worked out it was the software but they could not solve it - after finding out neither the user or the dealers standard sorftware allow you to roll back and update I backed the bike, the replacement Allmtn 8.0 kept getting delays so I've moved to a Focus Jam2 pro plus for April, looks like running away from Nyon was not a bad move, your comments make it look not fit for purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant polish a turd and it is way over priced for what it is ;)