Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Achh... sure you guys have it all worked out to a T down there,
that would be far too complicated for them hallions over the water sure......

!
Ha shure Tommie you are all welcome to join us... And ride your bike freely... Had a lovely spin today down to Annagassan, and the visibility was just grand... The Mournes very visible, with even the craggs above the silent valley could be made out..

Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I see the Internet Giants are in the news again today. It seems to me that the government has set them a series of unachievable objectives, with the threat of regulation if they fail. Perhaps it’s the government’s intention that they do fail. Information which embarrasses the establishment tends to surface on social media. An excuse for regulation would be very convenient.

Some of the targets include reducing bullying and limiting the amount of time children spend on social media. Isn’t this sort of thing the responsibility of parents? Would it not be better to sanction parents for not doing their job properly?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes, been there a few times, there`s a wee harbour down to the left just after you cross the bridge, is there a path along the shore to cycle on or are you using the roads?
South of Blackrock ,at a place called whites cross there is a narrow road which then runs parallel to the seashore , and for maybe two kilometres , then it swings a little westwards and bypasses on theeastward side of Castle Bellingham,. That gets one off the main road . There is no continuous seaside track from there on to Annagassan. There may well have been in ancient times, and there are short cyclable segement s but one has to revert back upto the road on a number of occasions.. I think it might be possible to hike along coast line, but bolders and gravel make cycling impossible

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and tommie

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I see the Internet Giants are in the news again today. It seems to me that the government has set them a series of unachievable objectives, with the threat of regulation if they fail. Perhaps it’s the government’s intention that they do fail. Information which embarrasses the establishment tends to surface on social media. An excuse for regulation would be very convenient.

Some of the targets include reducing bullying and limiting the amount of time children spend on social media. Isn’t this sort of thing the responsibility of parents? Would it not be better to sanction parents for not doing their job properly?
From my newsfeed:

"NYT: Lynchings Around the World are Linked To Facebook Posts"

"Many Amazon Warehouse Workers are on Food Stamps" - "in 2017 Amazon received $1.2 billion in state and local subsidies, while effectively paying no federal income tax."

There clearly is a problem...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
“I’m actually sick and tired of Government Ministers in this Labour government who simply blame other people when something goes wrong and are not willing to take responsibility for what is happening under this government and their decisions.”

I wonder who could have said such a thing?

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
“I’m actually sick and tired of Government Ministers in this Labour government who simply blame other people when something goes wrong and are not willing to take responsibility for what is happening under this government and their decisions.”

I wonder who could have said such a thing?
I wonder if it could have been Theresa May? :D

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Ignore the spelling but I saw this and I too would like it all explained to me: View attachment 24332

Tom
I have been thinking exactly the same thing and I’m pleased it’s not just me.

The only explanations I can think of are:

1) The Salisbury incident is being exaggerated or fabricated.

2) The Syria attack didn’t involve chemical weapons.

But Mrs May has said The Salisbury attack did happen and it will take months to clean up. She’s also said Assad used chemical weapons. I’m confused now because she wouldn’t lie would she?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have been thinking exactly the same thing and I’m pleased it’s not just me.

But Mrs May has said The Salisbury attack did happen and it will take months to clean up. She’s also said Assad used chemical weapons. I’m confused now because she wouldn’t lie would she?
Perhaps Journalists are expendable?:eek:

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Members of TM's cabinet are all freelancers now,
it seems that TM is going to accept defeat on the subject of CU. Jeremy Hunt fancies his chance to throw his hat in the ring so to speak if and when that happens, counting on JRM's European Reform Group to topple her.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Both have been fabricated from beginning to end, all part of an ongoing Western propaganda war against Russia. It is retaliation for the Russians exposing just how weak the West really is by their unopposed actions in the Crimea and Ukraine.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Start the day with a litle Comedy courtest of the Express
"
Brexit to DESTROY EU red tape and bureaucracy: Liam Fox pledges Britain trade BOOST
BRITAIN has been handed another Brexit boost after trade secretary Liam Fox pledged to cut “bureaucracy and red tape" in a bid to promote free trade when the UK finally unshackles itself from the EU.
The staunch Brexiteer said “unnecessary regulation” will be removed to ensure the nation can enjoy a "a new degree of economic agility".

His comments come after it emerged exports of UK goods and services to the rest of the world have rocketed by 10 per cent as the nation prepares to exit from the EU.
"Ultimately, our task is to remove the unnecessary regulation, bureaucracy and red tape that inhibit the free trade in services"

It took years to undo the mess last time! will they never learn?.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
[QUOTE="oldgroaner, post: 434088, member: 15142"The staunch Brexiteer said “unnecessary regulation” will be removed to ensure the nation can enjoy a "a new degree of economic agility".[/QUOTE]

.......and he described the kind of 'unnecessary regulation' as....???

I'd like to know exactly what Liar Fox considers to be 'unnecessary' and I'd also like to know in which ways the ordinary man/woman in the street will benefit from any initiative he and his fascist chums produce.

As an acknowledged cheat and liar who has previously put the UK at risk by permitting a mate to have access where he shouldn't have, this despicable piece of hist should not be a Cabinet Minister. Neither, for that matter, should he be representing the people of North Somerset. That they have never sought to deselect him says much about the grass roots tory constituents in that part of the UK.

Fox is unfit for any kind of public office.

Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As an acknowledged cheat and liar who has previously put the UK at risk by permitting a mate to have access where he shouldn't have, this despicable piece of hist should not be a Cabinet Minister. Neither, for that matter, should he be representing the people of North Somerset.
What is it about Northern Somerset? The North constituency has Liam Fox as the MP, the North-East constituency has Jacob Rees Mogg, both extreme hard Brexiters.

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Back on track and brexit related... Newspapers on Saturday carried pictures of a new car lorry ferry,the largest for Ireland, and capable of 600 lorries very second day to France coming on stream. This will of course bypass Liverpool and Holyhead and go direct to Cherbourg. In addition a another new ferry is scheduled to start Dublin to France mid summer.
The simple fact is that commerce is not prepared to wait for the faffing about of the UK political class. How long will it be before Ryanair acts?

• Agree

Advertisers