Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am sure there will be many problems ahead. Nobody ever thought it would be easy, and yes many stupid statements were made by both factions, but the fact is we voted to leave the EU despite all the threats and negative prophesies. Also there is big trouble brewing in europe, and I think they may struggle to keep a lid on it. We just need to get it done and get out. What's the saying? No pain No gain. If the government fudges this and keeps us in by the back door there will be repercussions for years to come
Sorry but you are wrong once again
From the Guardian
"
MPs brutally mock Tory David Davis for falsely claiming 'nobody said Brexit would be easy'
MPs burst out laughing when he made the claim - because his own Cabinet chum said an EU deal would be 'one of the easiest in human history'
Cabinet minister Liam Fox said six weeks ago: "The free trade agreement we will have to come to with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history."

Then-UKIP leader Paul Nuttall said in January: "It will be easy to negotiate a trade deal. It's in the EU's interests."

Did you know that you can access the Leave Campaign websites that they have taken down?
https://web.archive.org/web/20160101000000*/http://voteleavetakecontrol.org/

See for instance Boris, Gove and Patel spouting nonsense in front of the infamous red bus that they now claim was nothing to do with them, and a whole catalogues of things now being denied.

Do you still cling to the fantastic notion that Brexit will EVER benefit you?
Care to share the reason this is likely?
Any reason will do, any reason at all.
And with regard to your notion that dropping Brexit will have repercussions for years to come, it's more likely that it will leave the same impression a brick has thirty seconds after it has been tossed in a pond.
Some celebrities boob job is likely to be of more concern to the public.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Isn't it fun watching Tory Vermin squabble?
From the Express
"
EXCLUSIVE: How the Chancellor is 'KILLING the economy on purpose' just to sabotage Brexit
CONCERNS have been raised that the Chancellor Philip Hammond may have deliberately slowed down economic growth to undermine a clean Brexit."

Really this newspaper should be renamed for it's real political allegiance
"Der Sturmer"

Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
TM is going to say today that she would never accept the EU's plan for NI.
Does it mean that she is about to u-turn yet again?
On the face of it, the UK's position on NI is ridiculous.
Talking about having cake and eating it, if TM wants NI to be treated the same as the rest of the UK, why does she not say that she wants the rest of the UK to be treated the same as NI? that's just a straightforward deduction. No border, freedom of movement of persons, goods, capital, integrated supply chain etc.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Independent
"
Brexit: British government's botched German translation of Chequers white paper met with ridicule
The translation was branded ‘unreadable’ by German speakers

Alternatively shout at the Johnny Foreigners in the old fashioned way

My goodness, didn't anyone think to ask a real German speaker to read the ruddy translation?
"Ich konnte nicht in einer Brauerei pissen"

• :D
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
translations are usually done by native speakers of the language that is translated to, in this case, it should have been translated by a native German.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
translations are usually done by native speakers of the language that is translated to, in this case, it should have been translated by a native German.
Of course there is the possibility that the white paper doesn't make sense in English either?
I am reminded of a Groucho saying

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it.
Groucho Marx

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You're having one of your wet dreams again, aren't you?
This sort of rubbish appears with boring repetitiveness whenever there's a slow news day .
That report is from Capx, no political agenda and if biased are so toward remain. Yet again you know better.
https://dailym.ai/2LaDQeX
Great report about Paul Simon, with a Political twist. Good point me thinks. (You two, you know who, read it before you comment)

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That report is from Capx, no political agenda and if biased are so toward remain. Yet again you know better.
https://dailym.ai/2LaDQeX
Great report about Paul Simon, with a Political twist. Good point me thinks. (You two, you know who, read it before you comment)
I did, just to humour you, nothing to see there move along.
Was there something you thought worthy of attention?
And by the way you were right for once,I do know better [emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No political agenda???
capx is a creation of the CPS, conservative think tank. Its main argument is sunlit upland outside the EU.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That report is from Capx, no political agenda
I beg your pardon?

"
CapX was founded to make the case for popular capitalism: now more than ever, it is vital that the case is made for markets, innovation and competition, and for policies that deliver for the masses as well as the elites.

To that end, our team monitors thousands of news sources, blogs, academic papers and think tank publications to find the day’s most interesting ideas and most important facts and trends. We also commission opinion and analysis pieces by leading experts – though the views contained in any such article are entirely the author’s own.

CapX is edited by Oliver Wiseman. The team is based in our London office (57 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3QL), but retains a global focus.
"

Advertisers