Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Numerous sources have confirmed the British government is deliberately aiming for a no deal Brexit outcome in order to take advantage of extended powers available to them under the scenario – including civil contingencies and so-called Henry VIII.
it is more likely that a majority of politicians want a no deal brexit: remainers for reversing brexit, brexiteers to avoid the £39 billions bill, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland for reversing brexit, the EU is also for reversing brexit.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
These people are acting against the best interests of the British nation. In other words, they commit treason against the people, so I'd like them all to hang. That would deter the Farages of this world for a few decades!

Tom
Sorry oldtom, I must disagree with that outburst.
You can't defeat an evil political group by employing or proposing evil means.
All that will do is provide Martyrs and role model for the next batch of like minded fools that chance along in the future.
These people can be defeated within the law,or we risk being no better than they are.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As predicted the Express is changing tack to introduce the final "Battle of Brexit"
"
Brexit BREAKTHROUGH: Gibraltar border row with Spain SOLVED - now onto Ireland
A BREXIT deal for Gibraltar is “almost complete”, the territory’s government has confirmed, leaving the Irish border issue as the final obstacle to securing a withdrawal agreement with Theresa May left with 48 hours to save Brexit.

There will be fly past of the Raf's "Battle of Britain" flight and street parties with free union jack's for the kiddies when final victory over the Irish Border is announced
And the Brexit faithful will rejoice (though not nearly so much as those with offshore Tax havens will)
And not for long either, till all hell breaks out.

Unless of course our team of "Professional slapstick comedians" (sorry negotiators) trip up again!

Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
These people are acting against the best interests of the British nation. In other words, they commit treason against the people, so I'd like them all to hang. That would deter the Farages of this world for a few decades!

Tom
oldtom! Do you really want a situation to exist whereby people with a certain political belief execute other people who hold a different political belief, values and ideas? These executions being carried out for the purpose of stifling opposition and alternative ideas?

I’m always open to listening to other points of view and opinions regarding Brexit (or any other subject for that matter) and have changed my opinion on some things as a result. Imagine the world you are proposing, where people are denied that opportunity to listen to others because you have executed them all. :) Posts like the one you have made above undermine the points you have made in previous posts, some of which have merit.

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I’m always open to listening to other points of view and opinions regarding Brexit (or any other matter) and have changed my opinion on some aspects as a result of doing so.
I thought that might draw a response.:)

Normally, I wouldn't bother, just hitting the 'like' or 'funny' button but I decided to come out with a rather nasty remark because I wanted to exercise my right to change my mind on a subject where it remains legally possible to so do.

In this 'Brexit' fiasco, if I just sit back and await my fate, hoping for latter-day salvation, nothing will change as this government is determined that, in spite of all the evidence to support another referendum on their vanity project, they are not going to allow me and millions of other subjects to exercise a change of mind.

It seems that my suggestion is too strong for some, yet public officials, many holding high office, are allowed to lie through their teeth repeatedly and fraudulently distort information about the biggest ever peacetime disaster facing the British people. It seems they can escape any kind of retribution, with police not even prepared to lay charges in spite of prima facie information, as I have been led to believe.

The normal rules no longer apply it seems and that is symptomatic of fascism in its early stages.

Do you really read my posts? I'm gobsmacked!

Tom

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
These people can be defeated within the law,
How long must I wait for the law to intervene in the misrepresentation of reality presented time and again by the 'Brexit' proponents?

To all intents and purposes, the people who have been lying and cheating about 'Brexit' have been preventing the police from doing their duty and protecting the public from the harm that this project will incur.

We need to be clear about this fact: The government, dogmatically pursuing a secession from the EU, are the same people who have the power and a public duty to make or amend the law. When those lawmakers break the law, they should be subject to the course of justice as all other citizens, yet no action by their appointed agents, the police, has been taken in spite of the clear evidence of misrepresentation and the illegal financing of the 'Brexit' project.

What happened to British justice?

Tom

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How long must I wait for the law to intervene in the misrepresentation of reality presented time and again by the 'Brexit' proponents?

To all intents and purposes, the people who have been lying and cheating about 'Brexit' have been preventing the police from doing their duty and protecting the public from the harm that this project will incur.

We need to be clear about this fact: The government, dogmatically pursuing a secession from the EU, are the same people who have the power and a public duty to make or amend the law. When those lawmakers break the law, they should be subject to the course of justice like all other citizens, yet no action by their appointed agents, the police, has been taken in spite of the clear evidence of misrepresentation and the illegal financing of the 'Brexit' project.

What happened to British justice?

Tom
It miscarried as usual (with help) however it is the only way that change can come

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• :D
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
And some, may I remind you, at Menwith Hill and GCHQ , probably read them with fascination too!
:confused:
I'm not particularly troubled by that as I have been interrogated interviewed twice previously in a former life on account of my political activities.

Contained in the message explained to me was the threat of imprisonment and/or unlimited fine should I fail to desist from my course of action. I actually kept the notice with which I was presented for years after the event but it has been lost somewhere amidst my various changes of location.

They can always resort to the Official Secrets Act if they want to in my case but I doubt they would be so foolish in 2018.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm not particularly troubled by that as I have been interrogated interviewed twice previously in a former life on account of my political activities.

Contained in the message explained to me was the threat of imprisonment and/or unlimited fine should I fail to desist from my course of action. I actually kept the notice with which I was presented for years after the event but it has been lost somewhere amidst my various changes of location.

They can always resort to the Official Secrets Act if they want to in my case but I doubt they would be so foolish in 2018.

Tom
That isn't the fear, what is is the use for propaganda purposes inflammatory posts can be put to.
It is never wise to provide ammunition to an enemy.
Despite Government policy on selling arms to all and sundry without due regard to the fact it may be used against us.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
BREXIT IN A NUTSHELL | Or should that be eggshell?

LEAVER: I want an omelette.

REMAINER: Right. It’s just we haven’t got any eggs.

LEAVER: Yes, we have. There they are. [HE POINTS AT A CAKE]

REMAINER: They’re in the cake.

LEAVER: Yes, get them out of the cake, please.

REMAINER: But we voted in 1975 to put them into a cake.

LEAVER: Yes, but that cake has got icing on it. Nobody said there was going to be icing on it.

REMAINER: Icing is good.

LEAVER: And there are raisins in it. I don’t like raisins. Nobody mentioned raisins. I demand another vote.

DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.

DAVID CAMERON: OK.

DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.

LEAVER: Right, where’s my omelette?

REMAINER: I told you, the eggs are in the cake.

LEAVER: Well, get them out.

EU: It’s our cake.

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes, get them out now.

REMAINER: I have absolutely no idea how to get them out. Don’t you know how to get them out?

LEAVER: Yes! You just get them out and then you make an omelette.

REMAINER: But how?! Didn’t you give this any thought?

LEAVER: Saboteur! You’re talking eggs down. We could make omelettes before the eggs went into the cake, so there’s no reason why we can’t make them now.

THERESA MAY: It’s OK, I can do it.

REMAINER: How?

THERESA MAY: There was a vote to remove the eggs from the cake, and so the eggs will be removed from the cake.

REMAINER: Yeah, but…

LEAVER: Hang on, if we take the eggs out of the cake, does that mean we don’t have any cake? I didn’t say I didn’t want the cake, just the bits I don’t like.

REMAINER: But you can’t take the eggs out of the cake and then still have a cake.

LEAVER: You can. I saw the latest Bake Off and you can definitely make cakes without eggs in them. It’s just that they’re horrible.

REMAINER: Fine. Take the eggs out. See what happens.

LEAVER: It’s not my responsibility to take the eggs out. Get on with it.

REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?

LEAVER: You lost, get over it.

THERESA MAY: By the way, I’ve started the clock on this.

REMAINER: So I assume you have a plan?

THERESA MAY: Actually, back in a bit. Just having another election.

REMAINER: Jeremy, are you going to sort this out?

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes. No. Maybe.

LEAVER: Where’s my omelette? I voted for an omelette.

REMAINER: This is ridiculous. This is never going to work. We should have another vote, or at least stop what we’re doing until we know how to get the eggs out of the cake while keeping the bits of the cake that we all like.

LEAVER/MAY/CORBYN: WE HAD A VOTE. STOP SABOTAGING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. EGGSIT MEANS EGGSIT.

REMAINER: Fine, I’m moving to France. The cakes are nicer there.

LEAVER: You can’t. We’ve taken your freedom of movement.

44216968_1104218659747754_332289353264922624_n.jpg

With grateful thanks to 'BrexitExposed'

Tom

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Tom

I think you have nothing to fear in this instance Tom.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The Mayor of London has intimated that he expects tens of thousands of people to descend on the capital this coming Saturday to protest their wish to have a vote on the final deal arrived at from the 'Brexit' negotiations.

I'm not sure whether his estimate of the likely attendance is intelligence-led or whether it's just wishful thinking but I think we can be sure there will be a heavy police presence around central London on the day.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
In regard to the Irish border question, leaving all the other 'Brexit' problems aside, the 'BrexitExposed' webside has come up with this summary of the difficulty yet to be resolved:

44113522_1104229603079993_1845500095076761600_n.jpg

It's a tricky conundrum!

However,

YOU BROKE IT, YOU FIX IT | What’s your plan, Leavers? You knew what you voted for, right?

Fix it - or put this shambles to bed or back to a #PeoplesVote.

Tom

Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Mayor of London has intimated that he expects tens of thousands of people to descend on the capital this coming Saturday to protest their wish to have a vote on the final deal arrived at from the 'Brexit' negotiations.

I'm not sure whether his estimate of the likely attendance is intelligence-led or whether it's just wishful thinking but I think we can be sure there will be a heavy police presence around central London on the day.

Tom
Perhaps he was referring to the number of police in attendance? :eek:
How about this?

Let's call these two, 'Dumb' & 'Dumber':

View attachment 27236
You know it makes sense……to somebody!

Tom
They know exactly what their audience wants to hear ,it doesn't have to be sensible, just fit with their prejudices.

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
In regard to the Irish border question, leaving all the other 'Brexit' problems aside, the 'BrexitExposed' webside has come up with this summary of the difficulty yet to be resolved:

View attachment 27237

It's a tricky conundrum!

However,

YOU BROKE IT, YOU FIX IT | What’s your plan, Leavers? You knew what you voted for, right?

Fix it - or put this shambles to bed or back to a #PeoplesVote.

Tom
I knew what I voted for, exactly as I did in 1975, I voted to leave both times. The EU is a corrosive influence in the world, making the rich Europeans wealthier on the backs of African farmers and high tariffs on third world producers. The sooner it falls apart under the weight of it's own incompetence and mismanagement the better.

As far as NI goes, there really is no problem with leaving things just as they are from the UK perspective. It's not as though the ROI is suddenly going to be invaded by boatloads of refugees coming from the Mediterranean Sea. So why so much angst in Whitehall over it?
No, It's the EU that are terrified of the status quo on the Irish border. They don't want millions of vaccuum cleaners with wattage ratings over 1800 watts and all the other silly nonsense products downgraded by the EU's rules pouring into the ROI from Britain via the Northern Ireland border.

Advertisers