Brexit, for once some facts.

You start sounding a little rattled.
The size of the winning company does not matter, what matters here is that the EU rules hurt small businesses.
That's a fact.
The Dutch company could be smaller than yours... if you don't know who they are, how do you know they are bigger?? Equally they weren't the cheapest, as you've admitted. Competition rules, or indeed the lack of one can't be used as an "excuse" for you loosing the tender. There is always going to be someone bigger than you, and then if you're the biggest there will always be someone smaller and more flexible than you. Pick your battles, play to your strengths etc etc... and don't blame the EU for your failures.

That's why I'm rattled, because seriously every anti EU comment I've read in the last 18 months has proven to be nonsense... and you've just proved it again and again. So we're being taken out of something that has many many positives for a load of nonsense reasons, like this one.

The fact you won't name the company or even now the bike shop that got the service contract is just pathetic.... I'm not sure what you're hiding.

• Agree
Reactions: anotherkiwi
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Competition rules, or indeed the lack of one can't be used as an "excuse" for you loosing the tender
I know there are always winners and losers. I also knew we only had one chance out of two or three for that particular tender.
My point is the EU rules hurt small businesses. Stay with me on this.
In my working time, we were on the supplier list for HMRC in Southend, I lost systematically to a very well know American company. I had a good laugh when they sold their PC division to the Chinese. We were on the supplier list to many local education authorities. We lost to another very well know American company. My company has shrunk to 5% of what it was in the early years.
I know very well how small guys feel about competition rules.

I know there are always winners and losers. I also knew we only had one chance out of two or three for that particular tender.
In my working time, we were on the supplier list for HMRC in Southend, I lost systematically to a very well know American company. I had a good laugh when they sold their PC division to the Chinese. We were on the supplier list to many local education authorities. We lost to another very well know American company. My company has shrunk to 5% of what it was in the early years.
I have no issues with your grievance, its clearly a fact... its the fact you're blaming the EU competition rules for your problem that I have an issues with. You're looking at the wrong thing to blame your decline on.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's globalisation that hurts small businesses when they try to compete internationally because it greatly expands the range of competition, and the EU is just a part of that, regardless of whether its rules assist that process or not.

The bigger, smarter, quicker will always ultimately win. Small companies either have to become bigger, smarter, quicker, or be content with the small business that others aren't interested in.

Thus its been for a very long time.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's globalisation that hurts small businesses
I agree. In the PC business, the biggest threat is Microsoft's licensing policy.
The small guys have zero chance. If you look at the cost of a retail license of Windows for example, it's roughly 50% the cost of the whole PC. Big companies don't pay the same price at all.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
I agree. In the PC business, the biggest threat is Microsoft's licensing policy.
The small guys have zero chance. If you look at the cost of a retail license of Windows for example, it's roughly 50% the cost of the whole PC. Big companies don't pay the same price at all.
Are you blaming the EU for that too??

Also why are you hiding away from naming the business that won the tender, or even the bike shop they are working with?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
KTM, please stop repeating your demand for names.
You either take me on trust or you don't.
As I said, you may find it with a FOI request. It's public information.
Follow the EU money for bikes to Southend. You may find it.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are you blaming the EU for that too??
There are similarities.
Globalization hurts small businesses. That's a fact.
EU rules favour globalists.
If you ask people to vote in a referendum, no wonder people vote against globalization.

KTM, please stop repeating your demand for names.
You either take me on trust or you don't.
As I said, you may find it with a FOI request. It's public information.
Follow the EU money for bikes to Southend. You may find it.
Why won't you give out the name? Why won't you name the bike shop in Southend that's doing the service work?

There are similarities.
Globalization hurts small businesses. That's a fact.
EU rules favour globalists.
If you ask people to vote in a referendum, no wonder people vote against globalization.
This vote seems to be about a lot of things doesn't it. I wonder what will happen when leaving the EU doesn't stop globalisation?? Because it won't will it, we'll just be jumping into bed with other people in other trade agreements won't we?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why won't you give out the name? Why won't you name the bike shop in Southend that's doing the service work?
You have to ask? Do I ever ask for the names of your dealers or people you do business with or compete against in the confines of a charging post?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This vote seems to be about a lot of things doesn't it. I wonder what will happen when leaving the EU doesn't stop globalisation?? Because it won't will it, we'll just be jumping into bed with other people in other trade agreements won't we?
At least the EU has members interests at heart. In UK trade agreements with giants like the USA, China et al, guess whose interests will be at heart!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The man largely responsible for the mass migration of human traffic out of Africa and the middle-east, Tony B-liar, has entered the political fray over 'Brexit'. This creature is every bit as much a war criminal as Adolf Hitler, Biljana Plavsic, Radovan Karadžić or Slobodan Milošević yet he is allowed to walk the streets while other war criminals have been hunted down and tried at the Hague.

Blair and his retarded American friend, GW Bush, are directly responsible for far more deaths than the butchers of the Balkans and the number is still rising.

Frankly, I would swap my opposition to 'Brexit' if it was in exchange for B-liar's arrest, trial and conviction for war crimes.

Tom
I was going to ask how remainers reconcile their feelings with Tony Blair again attempting to be your champion but think you,ve answered question Tom. Best thing remainers ( and Labour party?) could do it to tell his Tobyness where to go. I do really think he willl do more harm than good to remain. Its so cynical on his part too. Sees an opening and he,s playing it to best of his ability....does anyone have a good word for him ? I,d bet all I own he knows far more about Dr Kelly debacle than he,s letting on.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Why the hell should he??? I don't get your obsession with this KTM, Woosh has explained, when he needn't have...

This another of your " well its one of my interests" moments ????

Why the hell should he??? I don't get your obsession with this KTM, Woosh has explained, when he needn't have...

This another of your " well its one of my interests" moments ????
lol, why would Woosh hide it?

But yes, if he wants to make it out like its a big secret then that's find with me. I was clearly interest to who this big Dutch brand is that's pushing into UK tenders, why would that not be of interest to my business??

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No, I only want to split the EU up.
Just joking.
The point I try to make is the rules favours large companies that operate across borders to the detriment of small local businesses.
You don't have to agree.
As you said, the information is public. Try to find out what happens to EU funds to promote cycle to work. Perhaps you can find the name of the winner yourself. You may even find out that my case isn't unique.
Never heard of David and Goliath? I have taken business from larger companies. I did it by providing best value for money, personalised answers to niche market questions, lower prices in one case because I didn't have the overheads the large competitor had... I even trained a competitor on specific machinery because he was supplying sub standard product and it was destroying the image of that machine.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You start sounding a little rattled.
The size of the winning company does not matter, what matters here is that the EU rules hurt small businesses.
That's a fact.
Woosh I bought from you because you are in the EU and not in China! I am calling BS on your ideas about the EU, that won't stop me thinking good things about your products and service.

Advertisers