Brexit, for once some facts.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Well you have proven yourself to be a liar, so anything more that you have to say can be disregarded.

(Quote removed by admin).
I don't think this level of personal abuse should be tolerated on the forum. The administrators should remove these posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I don't think this level of personal abuse should be tolerated on the forum. The administrators should remove these posts.
That's rich coming from another who has lied and mis-quoted me. I invited you to provide evidence of what you were alleging, but of course you could not and that was because you weren't telling the truth.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Like I said, it's an internet forum.

You are the one who has resorted to insult rather than countering the argument presented to you.

Having said that, if you want to trade insults that's fine with me, racist boy.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
I believe you initiated this decent into trading insults by alleging that I was a racist. It's fools such as you who devalue the term by spewing the accusation all over the place every time something doesn't suit your agenda.

Anyway, I really can't be bothered with you any more. Something of more interest than you has just emerged from my dog's ar$e.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
amazing how the ''Racist'' card is played whenever someone questions immigration.. I seem to remember these tactics being employed by Blair and his cronies to shut down any reasonable debate on the subject, so mass immigration was forced on the British public without any consultation. But then again that was the way Blair operated wasn't it

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
I believe you initiated this decent into trading insults by alleging that I was a racist. It's fools such as you who devalue the term by spewing the accusation all over the place every time something doesn't suit your agenda.

Anyway, I really can't be bothered with you any more. Something of more interest than you has just emerged from my dog's ar$e.
What I said was that what you were saying made you sound racist.

I didn't call you a (removed) It was you said that to me. (removed)

It is an attempt to bully, even if you don't realise it. But as I said, I don't value your opinion. It is interesting that you don't seem to reply when people question you. Maybe you haven't really thought out what you said properly

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
That's rich coming from another who has lied and mis-quoted me. I invited you to provide evidence of what you were alleging, but of course you could not and that was because you weren't telling the truth.
Nope,it's not lack of evidence,its that some conversations aren't worth having. I'm trying to get the forum to set some boundaries,as much for your sake as anyone elses. Which part of spewing obscenities and being offensive reflects good on anything English British brexit or yourself?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
amazing how the ''Racist'' card is played whenever someone questions immigration.
Absolutely. They do it because there is no logical answer to the questions which mass uncontrolled immigration raises.

I'm not going to get into some sort of racial Top Trumps game, but I am pretty confident that I have done more to encourage diversity in the work place than most who have contributed to this thread. I'm also pretty confident that I will have done more to encourage and develop staff from ethnic minorities than most.

I've come across racism, dealt with it and supported victims. It's @rse holes like Damien who devalue the term and cause people to switch off when genuine racism occurrs. His sort, who casually fling the accusation around do nothing to help the plight of those suffering genuine racial abuse. I've never said this before, but I really wish he'd FO and never post on this forum again.

I've asked him to provide evidence, but he can't.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike killay

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Nope,it's not lack of evidence,its that some conversations aren't worth having. I'm trying to get the forum to set some boundaries,as much for your sake as anyone elses. Which part of spewing obscenities and being offensive reflects good on anything English British brexit or yourself?
It's telling that you decide the conversations that aren't worth having are those where you have lied about what I have written and have subsequently been called out.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Assuming that this little dispute has run out of steam can we get on?

I seriously doubt that anyone wants uncontrolled movement of people into this country for reasons they find valid and important.
The Cogent questions are as follows
  1. Has the numbers involved given cause for alarm, and why?
  2. Would leaving the EU really make it possible to control the situation ?
  3. If the immigrants already here are a problem of some kind what to do?
This can be simplified down to just one question in the end

Have we a Political system that is capable of taking over the running of the country and making it both a going concern and making the public happy outside of the EU.
To me they simply look like a pack of sharks circling a leaking boat.
And I wonder just what is in it for them, who is pulling the strings, and why?
We couldn't manage before the EU and had to beg the French twice to get in, and if anything we are in a far worse case now to survive and thrive alone.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I a
It's getting a bit heated on this thread, could we please calm it down a tad.
I agree and I recognise that I am partly responsible. I've said all that I need to say, some of it in terms that I'm not entirely happy with, so I'll keep out of this thread for a while.

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
I a

I agree and I recognise that I am partly responsible. I've said all that I need to say, some of it in terms that I'm not entirely happy with, so I'll keep out of this thread for a while.
I don't think there's any need for you to do that Tillson, I can see how things got to where they have, just be good to see calm restored :)

Reactions: flecc and tillson

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
Absolutely. They do it because there is no logical answer to the questions which mass uncontrolled immigration raises.

I'm not going to get into some sort of racial Top Trumps game, but I am pretty confident that I have done more to encourage diversity in the work place than most who have contributed to this thread. I'm also pretty confident that I will have done more to encourage and develop staff from ethnic minorities than most.

I've come across racism, dealt with it and supported victims. It's @rse holes like Damien who devalue the term and cause people to switch off when genuine racism occurrs. His sort, who casually fling the accusation around do nothing to help the plight of those suffering genuine racial abuse. I've never said this before, but I really wish he'd FO and never post on this forum again.

I've asked him to provide evidence, but he can't.
Hopefully you have calmed down now.

My feeling that you sound racist came about because of a perceived lack of human empathy and also because i felt you were referring to 'them' as a faceless group and deciding that you knew'their' motivation for wanting to come here.
I question why you would want to 'repel' people who might be in need of asylum.

Possibly of the UK agreed to help cater for the influx of asylum seekers then it might be easier to identify and refuse entry to economic migrants.

I'll not take back what I have said. I explained the perception what you were saying gave and I had hoped for a counter argument.

Treating minorities well when you know them as people doesn't make it ok in my eyes to then claim knowledge of the whys and wherefores for people leaving their own country.

Maybe these people speak English and not French. Could it be as simple as that, they feel they would have a better chance here?

Mar 9, 2016
Its human nature to feel more empathy for a group of people you have actually met and have made some kind of connection with. I,d felt sympathetic before last June but on holiday in Kos actually met a poor bloke who,d brought his wife and 3 kids to island in a RIB. He,d been a photographer in Syria, sold everything he could, left his house , patents,and friends behind and said risk of boat trip was nothing at side of risk of staying.
I couldn't imagine being so desperate to have to consider doing what he,d done.Even if his reasons for leaving were made up, he,d still thought best option for him was to pay a trafficker £1000 per family member to get away..
We are very lucky.Whatever their motives they need and deserve help.
Wonder how many refugees/migrants Manchester Utd wage bill would keep safe.
Seems to me our country can afford what it wants to afford. How many properties does Tony Blair own ??

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I a

Well I'm glad we're all okish again,I enjoy disagreement on the forum,even robustly,it challenges my perceptions. It's why I vote for not leaving,Britain will be a truly insular little shadow of itself alone.

Mar 9, 2016
Well I'm glad we're all okish again,I enjoy disagreement on the forum,even robustly,it challenges my perceptions. It's why I vote for not leaving,Britain will be a truly insular little shadow of itself alone.
Do you think our identity has any connection , resemblance to mainland Europe. I don't think so and leave or stay I suspect it never will. Take a trip to states, its like staying home, even if you cant understand a word they say !!
Culturally the Channel is way bigger than Atlantic.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I don't feel European, I don't see why asylum seekers have to cross all the safe states in Europe to come to Britain.
I don't agree at all with Damian.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't feel European, I don't see why asylum seekers have to cross all the safe states in Europe to come to Britain.
I don't agree at all with Damian.
Actually most of them don't do they? and if you have a Government like ours that has decimated it's coastguard defences and is using volunteers from the charity "Coastwatch" to replace them what do you expect?
These are admirable people by the way and it is very good of them to step in to fill the breach, but it should never have been necessary should it?
And we have only three patrol boats?
What an absolute disgrace!
The RNLI has an active fleet of over 340 lifeboats, ranging from 3.8–17m in length, as well as a relief fleet. There are also four active and three relief hovercraft.
And this is a charity supported by public subscription, yet the Government can only manage three boats and more in a year's time?
The truth is that even if we come out of the EU if we can't be bothered to maintain our coastal defence network we will be no better off with regard to these "Boat people" will we?
This is one of the reasons for my lack of faith in the commitment of any likely British Government we would end up with if we come out of the EU
Put simply they "Never put their money where their mouth is"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I a

Spoken like a Gentleman!
You have many valid points yet to make I am sure, and quite frankly a spirited disagreement is far better than a group of nodding heads.
Remember the old adage?
"I don't agree with a word you say but will defend to the death your right so say it?
Say away my friend! the discussion needs some passion injecting on the Brexit side and welcome!
A worthy opponent is the measure of a man or woman rather than who their friends are.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and gray198

Advertisers