Brexit, for once some facts.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Some of us are still here, not being demanding, but now we're hinted at being a nuisance for living too long. Being lovely just isn't enough any more. :(
As my old granny used to say, "you'll not go before your time" She went at 99.

Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There we go again, you cant post without it. Its immature at best and has been the main characteristic of all your posts. Perhaps,its a generational thing? Seems normal for some older posters to resort to insult when losing arguments, smacks of desperation.

On the Trump
Has he got a point with the Swedish incident. Why wasn't it reported ?
You begin with a self portrait.
There we go again, you cant post without it. Its immature at best and has been the main characteristic of all your posts..
And to add to your usual nonsense you have to go one further and come out with this?

"Perhaps,its a generational thing? Seems normal for some older posters to resort to insult when losing arguments, smacks of desperation."
So we can add contempt to anyone because of age, and even more extraordinary that you have a strange impression that you have won some arguments?
Were these the ones you were having with yourself?

You really are hugely amusing aren't you, but cheer up!
I noticed that the occupant of the front end of the Pantomime Donkey still approved your post.

At least you have one friend. (just be careful as he can suffer flatulence occasionally without warning.)

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Presumably, in the twisted, sour world of Remain it was expected Farage would predict his party would get whooped in Stoke.
Actually surely it is more a case of in the Twisted Sour world of Leave they expected Farage would be right for once?
They lost, as tillson is so fond of saying
Suck it up, move on, get over it etc.
UKIP is DEAD

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Actually surely it is more a case of in the Twisted Sour world of Leave they expected Farage would be right for once?
UKIP is DEAD
UKIP could well be dead, once we are completely out of the EU. In the meantime they are very much here, their support fluctuating proportionally to the likelihood of BREXIT being pressed home.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
UKIP is DEAD
Yes UKIP lost the two by-elections because they were not popular enough. People voted for other political parties for a range of reasons. I respect the outcome.

What I will not be doing is suggesting that the voters are idiots, that they didn't understand what they were voting for or that they were deceived. I accept the result, you should try it.

Reactions: RobF

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
UKIP is far from dead, it's thriving.

The Stoke vote was remarkably high, given that the candidate was, on any view, a numpty.

I suspect some of the party's current support stems from a fear among some voters there will be some backsliding over Brexit.

That looks less and less likely, so the interesting question is what will happen to UKIP after Brexit.

The British public like their underdogs, so the more hysterical abuse of UKIP there is by the likes of the keyboard warriors on here, the more likely it is UKIP will survive.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Theresa May has made sure that UKIP is dead because of her prioritising Brexit.
She has positioned herself as far right as any Tory party and has neutralised UKIP.
But as Mrs Brexit on the extreme she has to do well on Brexit,if she doesn't she is toast.
Personally I think Brexit will be a disaster for those who hoped it would improve their lifestyle,for the rich it may be good, certainly not the 'good for everyone'
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
UKIP is far from dead, it's thriving.

The Stoke vote was remarkably high, given that the candidate was, on any view, a numpty.

I suspect some of the party's current support stems from a fear among some voters there will be some backsliding over Brexit.

That looks less and less likely, so the interesting question is what will happen to UKIP after Brexit.

The British public like their underdogs, so the more hysterical abuse of UKIP there is by the likes of the keyboard warriors on here, the more likely it is UKIP will survive.
Rob,don't forget the 'numpty' you refer to is also the boss of UKIP.
They do seem to have hit the self destruct button over their choices of leader,it must have put voters off.
KudosDave

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes UKIP lost the two by-elections because they were not popular enough. People voted for other political parties for a range of reasons. I respect the outcome.

What I will not be doing is suggesting that the voters are idiots, that they didn't understand what they were voting for or that they were deceived. I accept the result, you should try it.
There you go again, why are you suggesting I didn't accept the results? I take it you did actually read my post?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What a strange attitude you have , the British public have already demonstrated that support for the UKIP is disappearing fast, in multiple by elections and so is support for Brexit itself, but facts don't bother Brexit Fans do they?
There is nothing hysterical about criticising the UKIP except of course that they are hysterically funny.
The UKIP is composed of Nut cases, just look at the leader as a fine example.
He's even worse that Nigel and Trump!

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
the British public have already demonstrated that support for the UKIP is disappearing fast, in multiple by elections and so is support for Brexit itself, but facts don't bother Brexit Fans do they?
You are reading this totally wrong. UKIP have taken a large chunk of the Tory vote in recent years. May has positioned the Torys as The BREXIT Party, so the voters are moving away from UKIP back to the Tory party. Support for BREXIT remains the same. Just watch what happens if there is any back-sliding, UKIP support will surge.

There is nothing hysterical about criticising the UKIP except of course that they are hysterically funny.
The UKIP is composed of Nut cases, just look at the leader as a fine example.
He's even worse that Nigel and Trump!
The new leader of UKIP isn't coming over well, but there is a media assassination going off in the form of disproportionate negative investigation and reporting. Just imagine what a hatchet job they could do on Gizapeerage Chakrabarti or Diane Abbott if they applied the same level of dirt digging and scrutiny.

I don't think you should be laughing at UKIP. Like many other remainers, you have fatally underestimated your enemy and that has been your downfall. They all did it in the years leading up to the referendum. What happened? UKIP rose up and bit them on the ar$e. Now that is very funny.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Just watch what happens if there is any back-sliding, UKIP support will surge.
Are your sure of that, Farage has bailed and is openly trying to cash in in the wake of the discord he has sown. And if potential common Kipper folk struggle to even pay party membership fees due to lack of cash in their back pocket due to the economy tanking, higher taxes to keep the wealthy in the style they've become accustomed i.e. Farage's Lord's expenses etc. then more like a combination of something between Poll tax riots and French Revoltion could occur....

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Are your sure of that, Farage has bailed and is openly trying to cash in on the discord he has sown. And if potential common Kipper folk struggle to even pay party membership fees due to lack of cash in their back pocket due to the economy tanking, higher taxes to keep the wealthy in the style they've become accustomed i.e. Farage's Lord's expenses etc. then more like a combination of something between Poll tax riots and French Revoltion could occur....
Yes, some good points.

I still think support for BREXIT is alive and well, but if May doesn't make a good job of it, there is likely to be trouble in the form of civil unrest.

I think the outcome of BREXIT will be good, so don't see the above as a likely scenario.

• Dislike

Lister

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2016
Norfolk
Whether one voted to leave or remain, we are now way beyond that point.

We will be leaving the EU and we need to pull together, not against each other to ensure we get the best exit deal.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't think you should be laughing at UKIP. Like many other remainers, you have fatally underestimated your enemy and that has been your downfall. They all did it in the years leading up to the referendum. What happened? UKIP rose up and bit them on the ar$e. Now that is very funny.
You astonish me!
Have you forgotten that far from "underestimating my enemy"
When you failed to expect a win for Brexit
I REPEATEDLY FORECAST THE LEAVE VOTE TO WIN.
Please try to stick to the facts.
UKIP were a sideshow and pushed to the side during the referendum by the OFFICIAL leave Campaign as they didn't trust them not to balls the job up.
And then, after the Referendum, did the Government trust Farage and UKIP to do the job the public expected them to do and negotiate the terms of leaving the EU?

Of course not, they dumped them and got three clowns of their own to handle affairs, so much for the persuasive influence of Farage and his right wing goons.
UKIP are and were nothing more than cheerleaders at someone else's big match and now cast on the Rubbish Tip where they belong.
And the press once 'Baying for them" is now baying for their blood.

You leave voters are really into False Facts aren't you?

Last edited:
  • Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Whether one voted to leave or remain, we are now way beyond that point.

We will be leaving the EU and we need to pull together, not against each other to ensure we get the best exit deal.
You are looking at it from the viewpoint of the UK but as yet the EU haven't got involved.
They are clearly hell bent on making leaving both difficult and expensive.
The leave process may prove so prohibitive and lengthy that many in the U.K. will say it's just not worthwhile.
It won't just be remainers with second thoughts, it will be Leavers who are disappointed and maybe hungry.
KudosDave

• Agree

Advertisers