Britain by bike

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Good to see this interesting little programme being re-run by the Beeb, albeit on BBC Four.

♯2 of 6 tonight and one of the ones I missed first time out.

Indalo

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Will give it a watch, also on BBC 4 tonight 9pm 'The Golden Age of Steam Railways', if any one is feeling nostalgic .

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Britain by Bike - Tuesday 00:00-00:30 BBC 4 Ep2/6
A refreshing and nostalgic view of cycling, compared to the negative documentary 'War on Britons roads' recently aired. Fully recommend this excellent series, that adds a bit of sanity back to this most rewarding of activities

Ps I assume the next episode will be on next week, at the same time.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ps I assume the next episode will be on next week, at the same time.
I'm afraid not. Next Monday is Christmas Day and the following Monday is New Years Eve, neither of them with this program scheduled. Maybe it will return subsequently on the 7th January 2013.

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I'm afraid not. Next Tuesday is Boxing Day and the following Tuesday is New Years Day, neither of them with this program scheduled. Maybe it will return subsequently on the 8th January 2013.
Oops, forgot about christmas. thx for reminding me

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oops from me too! I made the mistake of typing the Tuesdays instead of the Mondays, but same applies of course, Christmas Day and New Years Eve respectively.

Hopefully back at 8pm and 12 midnight repeat on Monday 7th January.

Meanwhile, last night's program is on the BBC i-player on this link

D

Deleted member 4366

This series must be a repeat because I saw an episode about 6 months ago in a different part of the country, but it was exactly the same. It's quite inspiring in making you want to get out and explore some new routes, but, once she's explained about the bike, the book and the author, there's not much else for cyclists. it's more for people interested in history and landscapes.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
This series must be a repeat because I saw an episode about 6 months ago in a different part of the country, but it was exactly the same. It's quite inspiring in making you want to get out and explore some new routes, but, once she's explained about the bike, the book and the author, there's not much else for cyclists. it's more for people interested in history and landscapes.
Much like the book 'Three Men in a Boat' it does romanticize, and promotes the pursuit. Cycling is sometimes a means to an end, rather than the end.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it is a repeat, and like you, I didn't find too much of interest for cyclists first time round.

Advertisers