Brompton L5 (1998) for Sale

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
For sale is my Brompton L5. This is the model with Sturmey Archer 5 speed hub gears. I have owned the bike from new ( see receipts & owner's manual) & it was bought from CycleHeaven in York. The bike has only been used very occasionally over the last 10 years & had the brakes upgraded in 2007. Condition is very good with only minor marks to the frame. In fact a work colleague thought it was a new bike the other week & couldn't believe it was 18 years old! The only real sign of age is on the rear mudguard (see picture) which has incurred water ingress. A bit unsightly but perfectly functional. Otherwise all pretty good. Gears & chain are fine as are the brakes. I have fitted new Marathon Plus tyres for the sale. Reasons for selling is that I am trying to get down to one bike rather than three & it seems a waste just to have it stuck there in the garage doing nothing. Asking price is £450.00 & I would much prefer collection than having to post. I live in East Yorkshire not far from Hull. If you are interested, let me know by posting a conversation to me & I'll get back to you.
IMG_0516.JPGIMG_0518.JPG IMG_0521.JPGIMG_0517.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0525.JPG IMG_0524.JPG

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hmm paid £550, used bike for nearly 20 years and wants £450
So £100 depreciation over 20 years.
That's VFM if I have ever heard it.

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
Hmm paid £550, used bike for nearly 20 years and wants £450
So £100 depreciation over 20 years.
That's VFM if I have ever heard it.
True....but very much in line with sold prices on ebay. The bike has had minimal use over 18 yrs & maybe 20 to 30 times in the last 10! Also prepared to negotiate on price.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
True....but very much in line with sold prices on ebay. The bike has had minimal use over 18 yrs & maybe 20 to 30 times in the last 10! Also prepared to negotiate on price.
Yes that's the great new about Bromptons they hold there value. My bickerton is similar. I was saying how good the value was. And it holds it, anyone Who buys it can expect to get the same bake if they care for it.

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
Yes that's the great new about Bromptons they hold there value. My bickerton is similar. I was saying how good the value was. And it holds it, anyone Who buys it can expect to get the same bake if they care for it.
Yes, I agree. I did think - can I ask that much for the Brompton but that is what the values are......Like the Bickertson an iconic UK design & one that as you say will hold it's value if looked after.

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
For sale is my Brompton L5. This is the model with Sturmey Archer 5 speed hub gears. I have owned the bike from new ( see receipts & owner's manual) & it was bought from CycleHeaven in York. The bike has only been used very occasionally over the last 10 years & had the brakes upgraded in 2007. Condition is very good with only minor marks to the frame. In fact a work colleague thought it was a new bike the other week & couldn't believe it was 18 years old! The only real sign of age is on the rear mudguard (see picture) which has incurred water ingress. A bit unsightly but perfectly functional. Otherwise all pretty good. Gears & chain are fine as are the brakes. I have fitted new Marathon Plus tyres for the sale. Reasons for selling is that I am trying to get down to one bike rather than three & it seems a waste just to have it stuck there in the garage doing nothing. Asking price is £450.00 & I would much prefer collection than having to post. I live in East Yorkshire not far from Hull. If you are interested, let me know by posting a conversation to me & I'll get back to you.
View attachment 17225View attachment 17226 View attachment 17227View attachment 17228 View attachment 17222 View attachment 17224 View attachment 17223 View attachment 17222
For Information - BROMPTON NOW SOLD

View attachment 17225View attachment 17226 View attachment 17227View attachment 17228 View attachment 17222 View attachment 17224 View attachment 17223 View attachment 17222