Bronx Sun Runner

Discussion in 'Electric Bike Classifieds' started by Berkshire Boy, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Berkshire Boy

Berkshire Boy Just Joined

bike1.JPG Hi everyone - am new to electric bikes but my elderly neighbour wants to sell his Bronx Sun Runner.

It's as new in very good condition - see photos.

Can you tell me what it's worth and whether there would be interest in buying it ?
    Thanks

2. RobF

RobF Pedelecer

I've tried one of these.

Surprisingly good ride for such an old design.

Pricing this one is hard, it's obviously in good condition but I don't think Sun Runners are collectors' items.

It's up against budget Chinese ebikes from about £600 upwards.

I would rather have this Sun Runner than a cheap new Chinese bike.

But I suspect few buyers would agree with me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trex

trex Pedelecer

it's a Chinese bike. All the parts are about middle of the road for a Chinese bike. Front motor, rear Nexus 3 hub.
    What's special about it? Battery on the handlebars?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. My guess is that it would go for between £300 and £400 on ebay depending on how much you can convince people that the battery is OK.

5. selrahc1992

selrahc1992 Pedelecer

£400 buys you a tesco hopper, as fr as i can establish teh same specs with a guarantee in a much friendlier small wheeled package, i know which i'd go for..

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Hopper's only £350 now. It's been reduced.

7. laurenisit

laurenisit Just Joined

hi, i have one of these sunrunner bikes, got it for my wife, the battery is capute, are you familiar with this bike? could you adise me how to go about replacing it, even with a different battery, my knowledge in these matters is zero, please make me a hero in my wifes eyes again, thanks.

8. flecc

flecc Member

9. iannorwich

iannorwich Just Joined

Hi, I'm over near Norwich with a near identical mission, the girls have bought a sunrunner for Mum. The idea was I fix it and she uses for shopping etc. Just wondering how you got on getting a replacement battery pack?
    the pack is missing on our's, I reckon I can fix or replace the cells ok, but need a shell assembly first.
    Any chance you may have a heard of any spares??
    Cheers Ian

10. A friend of mine has one. In the next few weeks I'm going to convert it with a modern battery to get more range.

11. iannorwich

iannorwich Just Joined

Hi, I understand the container houses the battery cells and also the on/off switch...
    would like to get one, to save moving/adding switch etc, also will fix to handlebars as clips are already there.
    So if its available please let me know.
    Thanks Ian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice