Bultaco Brinco

Marko

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 1, 2016
Nantwich
Hi I have a Brinco R and Bultaco are releasing a new bike see bellow with a pedal sensor that along with some aftermarket kit will make it road legal?
I'm not technically minded so can someone explain what the kit is and how it would be done.
I've emailed the and they have said the the pedal sensor is not available as a retro fit.

Cheers
Mark

The R-B maintains the R version’s distinctive hybrid propulsion system(electric motor with an independent throttle and pedal), outstanding performance (top speed of 60 km/h; maximum power of 2kW) and top-quality components, but paring down some of its current components, giving it an even more radical look.

You can enjoy it on any private road or trail, but if you want to go even further, and have fun on any kind of terrain, it’s easy.
The Brinco R-B is equipped with a pedal sensor that will allow anyone to convert it into an electric bicycle (compliant with European standard EN15194) and, thus, ride it on any type of public road (without a license plate or insurance), as it is classed as an assisted pedalling bicycle.

All the user has to do is install one of the kit options available on the after market, and activate the pedal sensor.

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
Motor power greater than 250w and assisted top speed greater than 15.5mph. To me it sounds like it still won't be legal for UK roads without licence plate etc. Unless this kit also provides a way of restricting it?

I'd love to have a go on one though.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi I have a Brinco R and Bultaco are releasing a new bike see bellow with a pedal sensor that along with some aftermarket kit will make it road legal?
I'm not technically minded so can someone explain what the kit is and how it would be done.
I've emailed the and they have said the the pedal sensor is not available as a retro fit.

Cheers
Mark

The R-B maintains the R version’s distinctive hybrid propulsion system(electric motor with an independent throttle and pedal), outstanding performance (top speed of 60 km/h; maximum power of 2kW) and top-quality components, but paring down some of its current components, giving it an even more radical look.

You can enjoy it on any private road or trail, but if you want to go even further, and have fun on any kind of terrain, it’s easy.
The Brinco R-B is equipped with a pedal sensor that will allow anyone to convert it into an electric bicycle (compliant with European standard EN15194) and, thus, ride it on any type of public road (without a license plate or insurance), as it is classed as an assisted pedalling bicycle.

All the user has to do is install one of the kit options available on the after market, and activate the pedal sensor.
Will it be as fun to ride at 15 mph, it is a heavy bike? Will they swap out the controller for a lower powered one? Is the battery 48 V peak? Or are they just providing a sticker that says it is a 250 W EN15194 compliant bike?

This is a moped in Spain and will be a moped in the rest of the EU other than the countries with s-pedelec law.

Advertisers