Burisch offroad electric bike, new for £649 on ebay

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
OK guys, probably time for a tea break :) Sometimes things get slightly misunderstood so perhaps now is a good time to think maybe that's the case and get back to talking about Burisch please. Thank you.

Reactions: mountainsport

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Good grief, give it a rest.
Now, Willber G it seems to me that you are also itching to get in on the action, Why haven't you also told Ronnyuk to give it a rest? Do yourself a favour and keep out of this until you are ready to intervene without being bias in anyway.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
OK guys, probably time for a tea break :) Sometimes things get slightly misunderstood so perhaps now is a good time to think maybe that's the case and get back to talking about Burisch please. Thank you.
Hello Helen,

That is very professional of you by putting this unnecessary discussion to a halt, which you have done without siding with anyone.
And I was just about to open up a popcorn stall.:p. xx

MS.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Update on the bike..

After the first 50 miles I was caught in a massive storm, after I got home I went to charge the battery up and once charged the button on the battery failed to light the lights, I left the battery for 3 days and it seemed to dry out and start working again, as a precaution I sent the battery back to Burisch who confirmed a bad joint and returned the battery working.

I noticed that the rear freewheel was loose on the top two sprockets, if you have the bike you may find when going over bumps that you hear a clattering sound from the rear, this is the problem, I have replaced the rear freewheel now with a new one they are pretty cheap £15.

Ryan and Lara and pretty good communicators, respond to any problem pretty quickly but all the issues of buying a bike mail order.

I rode the bike to work without the battery and it faired very well no issues at all, although it was a lot harder on me :p travelled 6 miles un aided and was a good workout.

Have seen the controller that Dave put on here and only costs 20 quid, when I get a bit more adventurous I will give it a go...Might need your help Dave :)

Still love riding to work on it and look forward to every journey.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
HELLO i just bought one and in all fairness nice bike couple of mods needed in my opinion but nothing that is crucial..tires although being tarmac tires are so skinny they need to be changed but again not critical.gearing is way out and i am not in the best of fitness needs a bigger chain ring and maybe another smaller ring, again not crucial i have seen 19mph on my gps with a bit of a pedal.i have not been off road on it but i dont think it would take much of a hammering but who knows.value for money....pukka....just ordered some rapid robs fitted some new stickers for tartability.
all in all unless you wanna look like your gran riding around on a bike with mary poppings or if you have £3500 to spend buy the burisch
once the new tyres arrive i will add a new pic
View attachment 8036
I like your stickers, the Suntour on my forks is looking a bit tired now,
where did you get your stickers?

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
Hi to everyone who owns or has tried the Burisch Synergy GT250 , am I right in assuming that the bike doesn't have an LCD screen and whether or not it affects the overall control of the bike or would you definitely recommend a bike with a screen?
Also if anyone has the latest model, have the upgraded components remedied the previous problems the bike had? And have there been any other underlying issues since the original post of this thread?

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
No it doesn't have an Lcd (2014 version).. Screen isn't a problem it's the all or nothing power, it would be nice if it worked better picking up the crank cadence. That said when I had the bike it was rock solid...only the cassette wearing was a problem and I do 28 miles a day.. A few less on a weekend, at that price a bargain!

John

Reactions: Alan103

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
whats the bike like on steep hills as you have only one pas level, and have you tried it in throttle mode

thank you

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
It's OK, though I have very limited experience as it's flay as a pancake round here. Throttle is nice particularly if you unplug the restriction cable... Which is really accessible, eons at 15mph on throttle in this way.. Top speed is higher than they state.

John